MediaStream and XBOX
Exclamation 
Using Media Stream 1.00 with latest T3CH build. Im kinda convinced that since 0.94 all the updates have not taken the XBOX user base into consideration. Which is fair enough with the lacking RAM.

All ive been using with 0.94 is media streams awesome views (Media Preview) + Fanart @ 960x540. I mean that's why we all use Media Stream isnt it Big Grin

But recently I have tried endlessly to get the view I like (Media Preview) with fanart and im coming in to all types memory issues (movies not even starting\cant skip through movie) with 1.00.

What has been changing so much since 0.94 that has caused this? and if anyone is using their XBOX with media stream with fanart enabled, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, tell me your settings you have set so the latest version works for me!

I have the skin running in 720p, and videos playing in 1080i. I have tried changing the cache all over the shop to no avail.

P.S. I know its MS 1.00 doing the damage as I am currently running latest T3CH Build with 0.94.
Got a Logitech Harmony ONE ? Click here for my XBMC Customization HOW TO
katz Wrote:Using Media Stream 1.00 with latest T3CH build. Im kinda convinced that since 0.94 all the updates have not taken the XBOX user base into consideration. Which is fair enough with the lacking RAM.

All ive been using with 0.94 is media streams awesome views (Media Preview) + Fanart @ 960x540. I mean that's why we all use Media Stream isnt it Big Grin

But recently I have tried endlessly to get the view I like (Media Preview) with fanart and im coming in to all types memory issues (movies not even starting\cant skip through movie) with 1.00.

What has been changing so much since 0.94 that has caused this? and if anyone is using their XBOX with media stream with fanart enabled, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, tell me your settings you have set so the latest version works for me!

I have the skin running in 720p, and videos playing in 1080i. I have tried changing the cache all over the shop to no avail.

P.S. I know its MS 1.00 doing the damage as I am currently running latest T3CH Build with 0.94.

The xbox was not intended to play movies at 1080i.
I have used media stream since it's launch and i soon realised it's main problem from the xbox's point of view was it uses far too much memory(There are other skins as bad), So as soon as i got hold of version 1 from SVN I started by copying all the images from the light folder into the main textures folder and droped the bit rate of all .png's from 32 to 24 and recompressed the whole lot. I have absolutely no problem runnning any videos now.Cool
And yes i also run fanart on both my movies and my entire collection tv showes in media preview, i think that this shows that the xbox is not dead like many
people would like us to think.

Thanks to team razorfish for the best XBMC skin so far.
Look forward to see what you come up with nextBig GrinAfter
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Exclamation 
paul Wrote:So as soon as i got hold of version 1 from SVN I started by copying all the images from the light folder into the main textures folder and droped the bit rate of all .png's from 32 to 24 and recompressed the whole lot.

im not following.... where and how I do that?
katz Wrote:I have the skin running in 720p, and videos playing in 1080i. I have tried changing the cache all over the shop to no avail.
There's your problem right there, run your videos in 720p because 1080i is too much for XBMC.

I'd always go for progressive scan over interlaced for moving images anyway.

paul Wrote:So as soon as i got hold of version 1 from SVN I started by copying all the images from the light folder into the main textures folder and droped the bit rate of all .png's from 32 to 24 and recompressed the whole lot.
Why don't you just use Lite mode?
I've changed the name of the thread as your original name was just offensive, as is the statement saying that we've not taken xbox users into consideration.

As I have said on many occasions we have not ignored the xbox development in any way since most of us in the team actually use the xbox to run our primary media centres.

I know that MediaStream uses more memory than PMIII but we made a concerted effort to get it to work in 720p on the xbox and since we're all using it without issues on our xboxes then it shows that it can be done.

I'm pretty much tired of all the whingeing that it doesn't work as I've done quite a few posts which lay out the best things to try to get it to work and it also works for quite a few other users. If some users can't spend the time to read the faq.txt or the other posts that are aimed to help them get it working properly then why should we even bother?

This moaning and grief we've been getting is one of the major reasons why we're not really going to be supporting the xbox for any future skins. (They may work on the xbox but if they don't then we won't be going out of our way to convert them).
paul Wrote:The xbox was not intended to play movies at 1080i.
I have used media stream since it's launch and i soon realised it's main problem from the xbox's point of view was it uses far too much memory(There are other skins as bad), So as soon as i got hold of version 1 from SVN I started by copying all the images from the light folder into the main textures folder and droped the bit rate of all .png's from 32 to 24 and recompressed the whole lot. I have absolutely no problem runnning any videos now.Cool
And yes i also run fanart on both my movies and my entire collection tv showes in media preview, i think that this shows that the xbox is not dead like many
people would like us to think.

Thanks to team razorfish for the best XBMC skin so far.
Look forward to see what you come up with nextBig GrinAfter
Would you mind, making your working version available for the public? I would be very interested in it.

Thanks,
Joe
Look Here
Thumbs Up 
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I know that MediaStream uses more memory than PMIII but we made a concerted effort to get it to work in 720p on the xbox and since we're all using it without issues on our xboxes then it shows that it can be done.

I definitely can understand that MS uses more mem, as it ownz all other skins out there. I just couldn’t figure out why 0.94 is working fine for me with skin @ 720p and vids running at 1080i, and after getting 1.00 hardly any movies run.

skunkm0nkee Wrote:I'm pretty much tired of all the whingeing that it doesn't work as I've done quite a few posts which lay out the best things to try to get it to work and it also works for quite a few other users. If some users can't spend the time to read the faq.txt or the other posts that are aimed to help them get it working properly then why should we even bother?

Maybe a sticky with the optimal settings would stop all us whinging Big Grin
Rocky5 Wrote:Here is my Texture.xpr resized all textures by 100% don't ask this reduced the file size of the textures also resized 192 by 50% so the memory consumption isn't to bad now it works great still get the odd crash but that's only if i play a video then try and load BBC iPlayer plugin Smile

Great work Team Razorfish top class skin.

Download Texture.xpr

also all textures are 8bit so i haven't come across a 32bit texture yet.

No need to use Lite any more.

does this use less memory than the Lite ? Does not seem so as the file size is larger than Lite......
katz Wrote:does this use less memory than the Lite ? Does not seem so as the file size is larger than Lite......

Look here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream and XBOX1