Fanart in PMIII Question (For Movies)
I upgraded to the most recent 8.10 xbmc for my xbox, and tried the new PM3HD skin, but still like the original PMIII better.
In PMIII I found the option to enable fanart, and I have fanart for many of my movies from using media companion.

My question is, what does fanart in the video section do in the original PMIII?
I am using the library mode, but have never seen any of my fanart show up on the screen.

In the PM3HD skin there is a 'fanart' view that shows fanart nicely.
Since there is no fanart view in PMIII, I figured that the fanart would show up somewhere as I scroll for a movie, and I have tried every view, but nothing!!

So....my question is what view/mode will fanart show up in using the original PMIII, (the newest with fanart enabled)

Thanks in advance...and I have searched and searched before I posted.
dtviewer,

PM III dosn't have the ability to do movie fanart unless you use a modded version of the skin with it added in.
PrimusZa1 Wrote:dtviewer,

PM III dosn't have the ability to do movie fanart unless you use a modded version of the skin with it added in.

I thought it was added to the later version of PMIII.
There IS an option to enable fanart in the PMIII skin I am using.
dtviewer Wrote:I thought it was added to the later version of PMIII.
There IS an option to enable fanart in the PMIII skin I am using.

No the release with Atlantis didn't have it. Here's the post with the modded PM III skin with fanart in Movies, TV Show Lists, TV Show Seasons and TV Show Episodes (like PM3HD has). Hope that helps. Though I got to admit I am using that skin on one Xbox and the PM3HD on another (both HD TV's) and the PM3HD skin is defiantly growing on me as of late.

Here's the Link to the post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=234...stcount=24
Thanks for the reply.
I am using the PMIII that is in the new 8.10.
And it does have an option to enable fanart in movies, and also there is an option to scrape for fanart in the scraper settings for movies!

I enabled both and havent seen any fanart show up yet!
dtviewer Wrote:Thanks for the reply.
I am using the PMIII that is in the new 8.10.
And it does have an option to enable fanart in movies, and also there is an option to scrape for fanart in the scraper settings for movies!

I enabled both and havent seen any fanart show up yet!

Like I said the PM III that is with Atlantis 8.10 does not have it coded for Movies to show fanart. The link I posted is a coded version of the PM III skin from Atlantis 8.10 which does do what you were asking about.
dtviewer you should try pm3hd than you will notice the difference what
PrimusZa1 means.
in view:there is no fanart mode in pm3.
you can see view written in upper left when you enter library mode
I have used the PMIIIHD skin, and while I like it, I really miss the one view in music where there are cd covers that flip while you click down the list of artists.

So I'm kind of stuck-I like the movie view in PM-HD and the music view in PMIII-Original!

I'm going to probably end up using Primus modded PMIII skin--It looks like the best of both.

Thanks for the replies.
Your talking about coverflow. I read about a month ago in the forum that Jezz X is looking at putting it in PM3HD at a later time. He did post a link to a test version that he wipped up with it in it. Look in this forum and you'll come across it. Hope that helps you for the time being.
PrimusZa1 Wrote:Your talking about coverflow. I read about a month ago in the forum that Jezz X is looking at putting it in PM3HD at a later time. He did post a link to a test version that he wipped up with it in it. Look in this forum and you'll come across it. Hope that helps you for the time being.

Wow Primus, you are right on it!!

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart in PMIII Question (For Movies)0