Displaying Picture Metadata - MediaStream mod
Hi... I am trying to do a small first mod to the mediastream skin to make use of the meta data (exif data etc) contained within Picture files. Specifically I want to utilise the caption, keywords and or comments fields and display some or all of them in the slideshow or instead of the filename in say the image stream view or picture view.

I know these fields aren't available as InfoLabels, but they are displayed in the picture info window.. so after searching the forums I found this post that suggests the data is available to use

Has anyone had any success in displaying any metadata?

I tried modifying slideshow.xml but couldn't even get it to display infolabels let alone any of the additional metadata. heres what I tried.

Code:
<control type="label">
          <posy>3</posy>
          <width>1280</width>
          <align>center</align>
          <font>MediumTitleCapsFont</font>
          <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
        </control>
and

Code:
<control type="label">
          <posy>3</posy>
          <width>1280</width>
          <align>center</align>
          <info>listitem.filename</info>
</control>

and then trying to display the extra data as per the link to the other post.

Code:
<control type="label">
          <posy>3</posy>
          <width>1280</width>
          <align>center</align>
          <info>slideshow.caption</info>
</control>

none of which made any changes to the display on slideshow

I also tried updating ViewPics.xml first off just trying to change what was displayed along the bottom of the image viewer window from imagefilename to picture resolution.. that worked fine so I know I was in the right place but again I could not get it to display the other picture metadata such as:
Code:
<info>slideshow.caption</info>

Can anyone verify if the picture metadata seen in the picture info window would be available in slideshow.xml and/or ViewPic.xml and if so any help in terms of pointing out to me what I am doing wrong would be fantastic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Displaying Picture Metadata - MediaStream mod0