Internet connection problem
Hi!

I have installed XBMC for Ubuntu Intrepid using PPA SVN yesterday.

All plays well (congratulations for XBMC Team), but I have a problem with Internet tasks: cant download video info, music info, time info or connect with my Last.fm account.

I can see my private IP at XBMC main screen and I havent connection problems outside XBMC.

Any solution?

Thanx and regards.
dns-address ok?
gateway ok?
XBMC has a special configuration for it? How to configure these parameters?

EDIT:

Looking this image from Online Manual: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Network_Settings

I only have options from Enable HTTP Proxy and below!! Maybe this is the problem?

Regards.
Welcome to the forums!

Network settings should be inherited from the OS unless you're using standalone mode (which it doesn't sound like you are nor should be). Do you get the RSS feed on the homepage and/or up to date info in the weather section? Please post a debug log to pastebin regardless.
Hi,

I cant not download RSS or weather.

How I can enable debug? I have enabled Debug trace in Config/Hardware, but no output at stdout.

Only this when open xbmc:
~$ xbmc
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.ScreenSaverwas not provided by any .service files

And this when close:
~$ xbmc
CRITSEC[0x8a7b244]: Trying to enter destroyed section.
CRITSEC[0x8a7b244]: Trying to leave destroyed section.

Regards.
settings >> system. enable debugging. log in /var/tmp/
do you have multiple network connections on this machine?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I only have one ethernet connection.

I have learned what pastebin is Smile

The link: http://pastebin.com/m11195779

Regards.
I updated to latest PPA SVN. Still the problem. I dont know why XBMC cant connect to Internet and the others programs can connect.

Can I set the net configuration manually?

Regards.
I am having the same problem. It surfaced about two weeks ago in SVN and is still an issue as of 17076. I noticed the issue because I can no longer do IMDB lookups.
drivesoslow Wrote:I am having the same problem. It surfaced about two weeks ago in SVN and is still an issue as of 17076. I noticed the issue because I can no longer do IMDB lookups.

I have the problem in all versions (8.10 and SVN).

You can view RSS or update the weather?

Regards.
Make sure HTTP Proxy is not enabled in your XBMC network settings.
smcnally75 Wrote:Make sure HTTP Proxy is not enabled in your XBMC network settings.

Is not enabled.

Regards.
Likewise mine is not on.
http://www.xbmc.org/trac/ticket/5748
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Internet connection problem0