Anyone running XBMC on a dual-core atom?
I'm going to be doing a new XBMC Windows build soon and trying to piece up the hardware I want to go with. The Intel Atom Dual Cores caught my eye as a nice, silent CPU choice, but wanted to get anyone's feedback before I buy/dig any deeper. I really like the idea of quiet running PC and nice low power usage.

FYI I've been running XBMC on Xboxes for many many years, and have 3 currently up and running in the house. The lack of HD and the noise is prompting me to migrate to a windows based solution.

Thanks in advance.
Some have stated, here in the forum, that the Atom 330 dual core 1.6Ghz will sufice for 720p playback.
All boards i've seen none of the had hdmi nor DVI output.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Homerboy Wrote:I'm going to be doing a new XBMC Windows build soon and trying to piece up the hardware I want to go with. The Intel Atom Dual Cores caught my eye as a nice, silent CPU choice, but wanted to get anyone's feedback before I buy/dig any deeper. I really like the idea of quiet running PC and nice low power usage.

FYI I've been running XBMC on Xboxes for many many years, and have 3 currently up and running in the house. The lack of HD and the noise is prompting me to migrate to a windows based solution.

Thanks in advance.

ok well ive just bit thee bullet and built an atom dual core system, 2 gig ram, 500 gig 2.5" sata hdd, akasa case.

so far so good, does everything i want it to do, all except 1080p or full hd, its very shaky.

720 seems tto be fine on it, ive tried a few downloads and they all play fine. its not really what i wanted though so may sell this system on and build a small dual core c2d system for full hd.

xbmc is the best software, cant believe i only just realised that the windows version is out , after having the xbox version for years. I too have 3 xboxs in the house, all networked etc etc

best software!!
Homerboy Wrote:I'm going to be doing a new XBMC Windows build soon and trying to piece up the hardware I want to go with. The Intel Atom Dual Cores caught my eye as a nice, silent CPU choice, but wanted to get anyone's feedback before I buy/dig any deeper. I really like the idea of quiet running PC and nice low power usage.

Thanks in advance.
Search the internet for the reviews on this moterboard/cpu as i were going to get one until i read a few reviews but don't let me put you off read for yourself then decide.Rolleyes
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone running XBMC on a dual-core atom?0