Videos randomly sopping?
Weird thing with the pc version. File on SMB randomly stopping, not even asking me if I want to resume when I hit play after.

SMB is fine on the xbox version. Whats going on? VERY annoying.

(Just to add this happened on files on disc when inserting or taking out a usb stick. Video playback stopps. Disc spin up also stops playback when playing a file from smb or hd)

Edit: looks to be when its accessing the hd. Just before the vid stops, the hd light flashes green. As I say...anoying bug.
Just thought...could have been the screen saver stopping the vid...but if it was it didn't happen while playing a file from disc.
Post a debug log so that devs or others can help.
do you mean xmbc.log?
I'm having the same problem. Let me know the path of the Debug log I'll post as well.

It should be noted that I didn't have to the problem until I uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC. I wiped the profile on the uninstall. It was working great for over a week and many hours of viewing.

My files are on an SMB Share. Oh there is a difference I used the UNC path this time and before I used a mapped drive. I'll try and add another source to the mapped drive and see if I get the same issue.

Oo
Come on people... Not hard to search and find out where the log is!
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm having the same problem. I installed Windows XBMC about 2 weeks ago and video playback was great up until about 3-4 days ago. It will exit the player and take me back to the menu after about 10 - 15 minute of playback. I am using SMB network connections to a file share with all of my video files. This is my first installation of XBMC on this computer... so my next step is to try uninstalling and re-installing. Anyone else having this problem?
Get the latest SVN. Wiso did some work on the SMB issues. This fixed this issue for a lot of people in the past week or so. Looks like no one read the forums before posting again.
forgive me I am new here...whats the url to the svn? and...does it need to be compiled and whatnot?
Have the exact same problem. I want to install the latest SVN version but dont know where I can download the latest WIN32 compiled version of it.
any links?
look:
This is Jesters site where he has his compiled builds for windows. Right now the site seems to be down though.

http://ocs.nl/xbmc/

Edit: It's back up now.
SlaveUnit Wrote:This is Jesters site where he has his compiled builds for windows. Right now the site seems to be down though.

http://ocs.nl/xbmc/

uhh, i think you should check your own connection, the site isnt down

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos randomly sopping?0