Video Sources
Hi guys not sure if this is an issue with just this skin or xbmc itself, is there a way to only show the sources you define specifically in tv shows and movies. For example if i select movies from the home screen, define a source and then select tv shows in the home screen, the source i defined for movies is in there. Vice versa as well. Any advice please?
esdubu Wrote:Hi guys not sure if this is an issue with just this skin or xbmc itself, is there a way to only show the sources you define specifically in tv shows and movies. For example if i select movies from the home screen, define a source and then select tv shows in the home screen, the source i defined for movies is in there. Vice versa as well. Any advice please?

In Aeon you need to press up on the main menu - this takes you to settings. Scroll across to the "Aeon" menu item. From memory there is multiple headings under the aeon settings - you may have to scroll across to the right - there is a section in there that has the background image selections as well as the target menu. It will have individual text entry options for "Movies Target", "TV Shows Target", "Music Target" etc. You need to enter the exact share name you want to link to and the behaviour will be as you described.

eg. If your Movies share is called "Kebabshop", enter "Kebabshop" in the Movies Target box. Now when you click on Movies in the main screen it will take you straight to the Kebabshop - which is where you (and I) want to be.
thanks for the reply chief, unfortunately i have my movies on 2 seperate hard drives, so i can't use that method. I'd just like to know if it's possible to completely seperate movies and tv shows in the way that music and movies are completely seperate.
Are the movies and tv shows stored locally or through network? Not that it matters that much but enjoy asking that question. Smile

I think I understand your problem though, as I had the same one.

What you need to do first is define your source.xml

example, using multi-pathing for movies as you have to different harddrives for that.

<video>
<default></default>
<source>
<name>Movies</name>
<path>smb://username:password@Server.com/foldername/</path>
<path>E:\foldername\</path>
<path>F:\foldername\</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>TV Shows</name>
<path>smb://username:password@Server.com/foldername/</path>
</source>
</video>

No if you go to the Aeon settings screen and do what K-Flex suggested it should work. I say should, because for me it still wouldn't work and only worked once I had modified the homescroller.xml. But hopefully you won't have those issues.
Yes, you CAN use that method esdubu. It is more than possible to separate the Movies & TV Shows.

It shouldn't require manually editing XML files.
The newer versions of XBMC support multipath shares through the GUI and will be a lot easier for you. Make sure you're up to date.

Go into files mode in movies:
Add your "sharename"
Add path/folder1 to "sharename"
Add path/folder2 to "sharename"
Go into Aeon Settings
Movies Target = "sharename"

Rinse & Repeat for TV shows but call it something different eg. "tvshow_sharename".

BTW: The multipath sharing means you can share F:\Movies & SMB://COMPUTERNAME/MYMOVIES - they don't have to be on the same computer/drive and they will appear as one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Sources0