Poll: What primary XBMC Media Center platform are you running on?
This poll is closed.
XBMC Live (permanent installation on USB or HDD) 10.93% 211 10.93%
XBMC for Apple TV 4.09% 79 4.09%
XBMC for Linux 26.68% 515 26.68%
XBMC for Mac 4.51% 87 4.51%
XBMC for Windows 37.98% 733 37.98%
XBMC for Xbox 14.51% 280 14.51%
XBMC for iOS/ATV2 1.30% 25 1.30%
Total 1930 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What platform are you running XBMC Media Center on?

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
Thread Closed
Team-XBMC Offline
The XBMC Project
Question  What platform are you running XBMC Media Center on?
What is your primary (living-room) platform for XBMC today?
http://xbmc.org/download/
find
Hitcher Offline
Skilled Skinner
This should be interesting because, initially at least, Windows wasn't a supported platform but it seems to have overtaken Linux judging by the number of threads/posts on the forum as of late.
find
althekiller Offline
Retired Team-Kodi Member
Hitcher Wrote:This should be interesting because, initially at least, Windows wasn't a supported platform but it seems to have overtaken Linux judging by the number of threads/posts on the forum as of late.

That's hardly a good representation of userbase.
find
Geeba Offline
Posting Freak
Xbox for me in the lounge... I have Hi-Def TV but encode my movies to run on the Xbox or leave them as avi, xvid, iso etc.... dont wanna sound cheesey but "it just works"

My test beds are Windows and Live, tried Linux not my bag... to many hoops.
find
watzen Offline
Fan
wouldn't you be able to check the webserver logs and see what clients are used to access the rss feed? and have xbmc report what system its running on? That should give a nice representation. Would be interesting to see how many users there are.

EDIT:
I checked the code, it reports:
XBMC/8.10
OS
Kernel version
And I think that the majority of the users hasn't changed the feedadress.
(This post was last modified: 2008-12-09 23:09 by watzen.)
find
Geeba Offline
Posting Freak
My RSS feed points to the BBC UK news Big Grin
find
Jezz_X Offline
Team-XBMC Skinner
Problem here is I use it on more than 1 platform as I'm sure many do these days I have windows linux and xbox machines all doing my bidding.
So can I vote for more than one Smile I think not
find
rwparris2 Offline
Team-XBMC Python Developer
watzen Wrote:wouldn't you be able to check the webserver logs and see what clients are used to access the rss feed? and have xbmc report what system its running on? That should give a nice representation. Would be interesting to see how many users there are.

EDIT:
I checked the code, it reports:
XBMC/8.10
OS
Kernel version
And I think that the majority of the users hasn't changed the feedadress.

This sounds like a great idea.

I'm also in the same boat as jezz I have xbox in the living room and windows in the bedroom.

I guess xbox gets the vote 'cause I love it more than my crappy windows box Smile

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
find
digitalhigh Offline
Skilled Skinner
Currently running Windoze in the living room, xbox in the bedroom. I'm debating giving XBMC live a go...see how much the overhead drops. Currently I'm a bit disappointed by the performance in windows. I thought that quadrupling the system resources would show a marked increase in performance...
find
rwparris2 Offline
Team-XBMC Python Developer
digitalhigh Wrote:Currently running Windoze in the living room, xbox in the bedroom. I'm debating giving XBMC live a go...see how much the overhead drops. Currently I'm a bit disappointed by the performance in windows. I thought that quadrupling the system resources would show a marked increase in performance...

Just curious, what in xbmc-windows runs slow? Mine runs great, scraping & general responsiveness is remarkably better than my xbox. I am using the exact same (standard def) content on both machines and playback is exactly the same.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
find
hicaow Offline
i need to be able to add about 10 more votes to XBOX .. my friends and family use XBMC on XBOX's all the time, and i have 3 in my house as well .. :]
find
Geeba Offline
Posting Freak
hicaow Wrote:i need to be able to add about 10 more votes to XBOX .. my friends and family use XBMC on XBOX's all the time, and i have 3 in my house as well .. :]

Yup me too... Nod brother, sister, girlfriends dad and brother, all my mates, work colleagues and a laod of friends in Portugal! I made the mistake of taking one over for a friend then all my friends there went mad for them... everytime I go over people ask me to bring them an XBMC Xbox! Laugh
find
Geeba Offline
Posting Freak
well over a 1,000 visits and only 135 people have clicked...... Confused
find
J_K_M_A_N Offline
Donor
People may be like me and just curious what the vote is at...Blush I did vote though. Big Grin

J_K_M_A_N
find
Discaciate Offline
Aeon Group
I'm quite surprised by the large number of people using the Windows version. I was lead to believe that the main platform on the PC was the Linux one.

And also by the large number of people still using the Xbox version. I guess that's a huge merit of the XBMC team. I mean, they really made the life of that console last a lot longer for quite some people. Superb job.
find
Thread Closed