a little help with the auto refresh rate required.
Hi All,
I've recently got ahold of a DVI to HDMI cable for my media box and I thought I'd take the plunge and hook the PC up to the HDMI on the TV now as previously I was running it out of s-video.

I've got an old SN25p with a Nvidia GeForce 7300 SE in running ubuntu 8.10 and the target TV is a Hannspree Xv-S 32" , they aren't the flashiest of TV's but it works none the less.

I've made sure the i've disabled twin view in xorg.conf and the nvidia X server settings no longer show TwinView as an available option under "Configure Display Device"

Additionally I've pulled down the latest source as of this post, built and installed it.

Upon running XBMC the Full Screen res thats been dectected is 1360x768 @ 50.000Hz.

Under Settings -> Videos -> Player -> Adjust refresh rate I have selected that option.

And I've set the vertical blank sync in Settings -> Appearance to Let Driver Choose

However when I come to play back pretty much anything (xvid,divx,dvd etc ) I get tearing on quick camera pans (be them horizontal or vertical).

I'm not sure what I'm missing (probably a better TV?!) , I've been digging around the forum but from what I can see I've done whats been already recommended. Can someone kick me in the right direction or point out what I've done wrong.

Cheers

xfx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
a little help with the auto refresh rate required.0