Ftp streaming script
im looking for a script that would let me access my ftp server (on my broadband .. 10 mbps) . please can someone make a simple script for me ...

address of ftp is : ftp://ftp:[email protected]

thank you
so any one .. is this idea even possible .. would be a great asset with people who have ftps on the internet with media ..
maybe you should tell us what you need to do with your ftp server ??
(anyway, as for myself, i can't do it. no time ....)
i want to stream videos from it ... using the 8 mb cache ... please can someone help me
i'm not sure ftp can even support streaming... just create an smb share on the ftp server.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(affini @ mar. 10 2005,22:19 Wrote:i'm not sure ftp can even support streaming... just create an smb share on the ftp server.
no no its my isps ftp server ... and i can kinda stream it using pc .. i start a download using flashfxp and use vlc player to play the downloading file .. cant there be a python script to do this on xbmc

like it starts downloading a video file say in the xbox cache and starts playing it .. and then automatically deletes it after playing ... not streaming in the true sense but still very very effective alternative ...
i'm not sure you know xbmc...
xbmc is made to stream video from your lan.
just create a smb:// share in your video section, and you'll be able to view movies in your xbox from the pc
Quote:i'm not sure you know xbmc...
xbmc is made to stream video from your lan.
just create a smb:// share in your video section, and you'll be able to view movies in your xbox from the pc

this guy doesn't have the video's on his lan they're on his isps ftp server.
i know this topic exists under feature suggestions
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=3101

i also know that this has been implemented in mediaportal.

so the only thing we need is some developer to donate his/her time to code this for xbmc.

i'm not a developer so i'm not sure if the code in mediaportal is compatable to xbmc.

i'd really like to see this feature cuz i have access to few servers loaded with "backed up" mp3, movies and such.
Don't mean to bring back something from 3 years ago, but wondering if this has been implemented in anyway shape or form since then? Looking to stream from FTP (i know it might not be the best way.. but not quite sure how else to share files over the internet from a Windows XP box.. and not very much in the mood to install Linux on an existing Windows File Server..) Suggestions to that are also welcome.
just add a ftp network source in the gui.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ftp streaming script0