Disabling OSD
I had requested this feature for Mediasteaem and one of the creators of skin said it might be difficult to implement in the 1.0 release, which i'm guessing it has been since it didn't show up. So i'm willign to get my hands dirty and try to do it myself if its not that difficult.

Is there some way to edit some files in the skin to disable automatic popup of progress bar when i press pause, forward or rewind? best case scenario would be when i press pause/forward/rewind nothing pops up, and if i press menu then the OSD pops up and i can go into audio/video settings. i know nothing about skinning or advanced editing so if someone could give me some guidelines id really appreciate it.
nmirza Wrote:I had requested this feature for Mediasteaem and one of the creators of skin said it might be difficult to implement in the 1.0 release, which i'm guessing it has been since it didn't show up. So i'm willign to get my hands dirty and try to do it myself if its not that difficult.

Is there some way to edit some files in the skin to disable automatic popup of progress bar when i press pause, forward or rewind? best case scenario would be when i press pause/forward/rewind nothing pops up, and if i press menu then the OSD pops up and i can go into audio/video settings. i know nothing about skinning or advanced editing so if someone could give me some guidelines id really appreciate it.

This is untested but you should be able to replace the following in DialogSeekbar.xml

Find:
<visible>Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.ShowCodec | [Player.ShowInfo + Window.IsActive(FullScreenVideo)] | Window.IsActive(VideoOSD) | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</visible>

Replace With:
<visible>Window.IsActive(VideoOSD)</visible>

This will make the seekbar only show when the Video OSD is displayed.
Hope this helps
thanks. so this somewhat worked. now while playing video when i press forward pause or rewing the progress bar doesnt come up, instead the episode/movie desription comes up. this i can live with, although if theres a way to remove this aswell and just have audio/video/bookmark settings button i'd love it.
the bigger problem is that while there is no progress bar, i still see the total length of movie and how far i am into the movie. so all thats removed is the horizontal progres bar in the middle, the left and right hand text (watched and total time) are still there. any way to remove them?
You probably need to do it exactly the same way.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Lets start over. This should get you closer to what you are looking for.
Be sure to follow my instructions Wink

DialogSeekBar.xml

Find:
<visible>Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.ShowCodec | [Player.ShowInfo + Window.IsActive(FullScreenVideo)] | Window.IsActive(VideoOSD) | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</visible>

Replace With:
<visible>Window.IsActive(VideoOSD) | [Player.ShowInfo + Window.IsActive(FullScreenVideo)]</visible>

VideoFullScreen.xml

Find:
<visible>Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.ShowCodec | [Player.ShowInfo + Window.IsActive(FullScreenVideo)] | Window.IsActive(VideoOSD) | Window.IsActive(MusicOSD) | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</visible>

Replace With:
<visible>Window.IsActive(VideoOSD) | [Player.ShowInfo + Window.IsActive(FullScreenVideo)]</visible>

Find (x2):
<visible>Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | [Player.ShowInfo + Window.IsActive(FullScreenVideo)] | Window.IsActive(VideoOSD) | Window.IsActive(MusicOSD) | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</visible>

Replace With:
awesome!!! thats perfect. really really appreciate the help, you have no idea how long i've been bumping my head trying to figure this out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disabling OSD0