Does xbmc divx codecs support ac3 5.1 sound?
Hey Guys,

I believe it supports it.

As far as I know the divx web player does not support ac3 5.1 sound, is this true?

You see I have been using the stagevu website and their divx web player doesn't seem to do ac3 5.1 sound. But with the plugin using the xbmc built in divx codec I wonder if the movie uploaded on stagevu servers has 5.1 audio will xbmc be able to play the 5.1 audio channels?

This would be cool if possible

Many thanks in advance
Holy crap.. another post. Why don't you just download something that has AC3 5.1 and check. Why do you insist on posting yet another thread?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
As far as i know.... nope. XBMC doesn't work with 5.1 channels. At least not for me.... I'm using digital output and i can only get sound from the front speakers...

regards,
fidoboy Wrote:As far as i know.... nope. XBMC doesn't work with 5.1 channels. At least not for me.... I'm using digital output and i can only get sound from the front speakers...

regards,

Many thanks for your reply

are you not getting 5.1 sound only on divx movies in stagevu or even on divx movies on harddrive?
5.1 AC3 works just fine in local .avi files. No clue about streaming.
divx is a video codec so you wont be getting any audio out of it whatsoever

xbmc does support 5.1 audio and has done since the xbox days, what is this nonsense!!!
fidoboy Wrote:As far as i know.... nope. XBMC doesn't work with 5.1 channels. At least not for me.... I'm using digital output and i can only get sound from the front speakers...

Same problem here. I've tried everything I know how to try, including searching here on this forum, and haven't found a solution.

Also, sound level of digital audio (i.e. ProLogic) that I do get is very low. Advice in FAQ for how to fix that is completely laughable, and doesn't actually fix the problem.

Not having 5.1 audio is the most annoying of the four problems I'm having with XBMC:

4. Entering lock info for a server with a password is not persistent (fixed: had to edit sources.xml. Not *that* sources.xml, the *other one*, stupid!)

3. (a) Sort of weak scraping of movies (what do you mean you can't find any info for "Raiders of the Lost Ark"?); (b) change of scraping info site doesn't change properly.

2. Getting Windows OEM IR remote set up is a pain (need EventGhost, plus an hour of either reading forum posts or fiddling with matching events from the remote to keypresses in XBMC -- or two hours to do both).

1. No 5.1 audio over S/PDIF, despite it working perfectly with AC3Filter. (No solution yet).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does xbmc divx codecs support ac3 5.1 sound?0