Movies Library - Two parts movie
Hi,

I scaned my all movies and part of the movies which conntains two files scaned twice.
Is there some flag that force the scane lib to add the two file to the same movie
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Stacking
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
This article was not clear, at all. Stacking does not seem to work for me and, if there is a setting to turn it on, it wasn't mentioned in the cited article. Should I be looking somewhere else for @TV2 help?
Quote:Stacking is a view option available in videos file mode window
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

If you have the movies named properly, xbmc will treat it as one file when you go to play the movie.

Make sure they are in the same directory, works just fine.
(2012-11-17, 21:38)Vaikin Wrote: If you have the movies named properly, xbmc will treat it as one file when you go to play the movie.

Make sure they are in the same directory, works just fine.

Woah. Thats how XBMC handles this?

I had the Lord of the Rings extended edition DVDs and the film itself is divided on 2 different discs. I have avoided getting it on XBMC just because I (from not really researching into it at all) assumed that the movies would each be listed in XBMC twice, with one file half being the 1st item and the 2nd half being the 2nd item.

So If I do put them in XBMC and name the files like that, the movie will be listed as one item and it will play both disc files as one without any input from me?

Yes. Further, it'll be almost seamless, assuming they're actually mkv's or some such rather than DVD ISOs (they're a bit messier, but still work).

Ok so I just ripped The Lord of the Rings The Tower towers extended version, and XBMC is still showing the movie twice (both halves) in my library.

The names for the files:

The Lord of the Rings. The Tower Towers.cd1.mkv
The Lord of the Rings. The Tower Towers.cd2.mkv

Why isn't it grouping them together? I'm using the skin ReFocus Big, does that make a difference?

And I can't seem to find anything in the menus about stacking... Can someone clarify where I would find that in case I'm looking in the wrong area?
Those filenames will work just fine. You can test they stack by enabling stacking (it's on the left in Confluence) and just browsing to the files. If they don't stack there, then they possibly aren't named exactly as you say they are.

Also: Please don't PM people who answer your queries on the forum - it's considered rude. Folk will get to your followups on their own time.

Videos -> Files

When I click on the movie Lawless, I get this, because stacking was turned off. When I enable stacking I get this and click on Lawless again, it plays the movie. If I go to Videos->Movies and try to play Lawless, it plays it just fine, with both files 'merged' together...like it should.

Seems to work just fine for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies Library - Two parts movie0