[RELEASE] Freemedia.tv (Video) Plugin
Thumbs Up 
Released.

Divx & 1000`s of veoh movies.
The voeh movie lists are great &
Use the paul sobek veohproxymod - without seeking.

To use the Veoh tv shows & other veoh movies:
you will need the new release of veohproxy which isn`t out yet - Unbehagen.

Fastpass tv - fixed.
Movielab - fixed.
Voinage Wrote:To use the Veoh tv shows & other veoh movies:
you will need the new release of veohproxy which isn`t out yet - Unbehagen.

Coming soon I hope?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
awesome, thanks loads

I just tried this and this plugin has high quality cover art. It's amazing. I was using the xtv skin and it shows even when you click on the coverart the directory it opens up even has cover art but I noticed not in horizon which is strange.

I even noticed that you can go to movie information and it gives the plot line but not the cast. I wonder if these are things voinage can do or if it has to be done through the team at freemedia.tv?

Lastly I noticed in poster mode and wall mode in horizon it does not show the plot line and movie info if you were to highlight a movie but leave it for a few seconds. This works with your movie library from HDD but if it could work with divx streams then that would be even more awesome.

Many many thanks for creating this!
The Cast info has been scraped and passed to the setinfo but it will not appear.

The code is in and correct.

at least Nuka or xbmc devs.

liz.setInfo( type="Video", infoLabels={ "Title": name, "Plot":info[0],"Cast":info[1] } )

info contains the plot which is fine and the cast string ?

The skins errors are it`s own nothing to do with my plugin...and i have included all the info that i could find, slippy.

FreemediaTv have nothing to do with editing my plugin.
Thumbs Up 
Just watch Death race in divx great picture . Big Grin
Voinage Wrote:The FreemediaTv have nothing to do with editing my plugin.

Many thanks for the reply

Okay but can you tell me if this is possible. If freemediatv were to modify their site with a specially formatted template for xbmc with stacked 2 CD AC3 5.1 divx movies, movie info such as film run time, cast info, imdb rating, certificate rating, apple movie trailer. Then would your plugin then automatically show the movie with all that data. This way it would then appear in xbmc like all your other movies that are backed up to the hard drive.

Would this be possible?
I'll be the first to admit that Voinage is a plug-in genius with mad skills. Unfortunately, the people in charge of freemediatv most likely don't care (no offense Voinage). You're asking the wrong people to change the layout of the site.
To answer your question of "would this be possible" I guess the answer would be "yes", but highly unlikely. However, there is a very high chance that Voinage will get a laugh out of this question and that's probably as far as it's going to go.
Yeah voinage may get a laugh out of this, but honestly if it could be done or hey even if someone was to create a new divx streaming site like that it would be absolutely incredible. But the fact that you say it can be done gives me hope for someone to do it. I would email freemediatv if I could find their contact details, I cannot see any listing on their site.
Sorry if I was unclear and have given you a false sense of hope. I only said that it was possible because just about anything is possible on the internet. It's not likely to happen though. Sites like freemediatv get money from the ads on their sites which are bypassed when watching XBMC unless they use a hulu-like approach and hardcode them into the videos which would suck.

There are streaming sites that pop up all the time, but they often get shut down just as fast. Stage 6 was the ultimate, but it wasn't making enough money which caused it to shut down. It takes loads of money to form sites that stream high quality movies. I've been following vreel.net for several months now and have seen the numerous monetary and techical problems they've run into which have caused them to stay in beta for half a year.

From all I've read and learned about XBMC, I seriously doubt that it would sponsor and maintain a pirating site. Also, XBMC is done by volunteers so the money isn't there. Finally, it would be a constant fight with various legal systems and take focus away from the main goal of making the best open source media center possible.

If I'm out of line with any of this feel free to correct me and I'm sorry for helping digress the thread. I did refer to freemediatv several times though and love the plugin!
Many thanks for the very detailed reply

I can see where your coming from on the legal side and all that.

Instead of embedded an add into each video start like hulu, freemediatv could just create into a plugin for xbmc a ad that runs just before the movie but not actually in the movie. This way they could still make their money. I think it would be a awesome feature.

But can you tell me this for a site like stage 6 to of lasted how much money would they of needed each month for the site to run well?
Please do not contact freemediatv asking them to change their site so we can scrape it. It is about 100 times more likely that they will change the way the site works to break the script over helping us.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:Please do not contact freemediatv asking them to change their site so we can scrape it. It is about 100 times more likely that they will change the way the site works to break the script over helping us.

I had realized this a short while ago, they would break the script as there losing money as xbmc does not display ads. Don't worry I won't say anything. But I could tell them to create their own plugin that adds to ads to xbmc. This way they wouldn't know if there is already a plugin for xbmc. Of course I am not doing anything now, this was all just an idea.
I have started getting this a lot but in different divx streaming plugins movies won't resume from last position. This seems to differ from different skins in use. I was just using freemediatv plugin and on some movies I exited but could not resume but then suddenly on another movie I could resume. I thought I should bring this up to see if anyone else is having this issue. I am using horizon 3 skin. I tried this in xtv and that won't resume movies but horizon does which is strange.
slippy you're crazy... you're crazy man
This is bloody brilliant are the normal none veoh RTMP or flv as the quality and no buffering is damn great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Freemedia.tv (Video) Plugin0