[RELEASE] Freemedia.tv (Video) Plugin
I wouldn`t laugh at this Nic, it`s a waste of my time and effort when people are inconsiderate for their own personal tastes.

Slippy unless you own the site, DO NOT contact them.
Do you understand how many hours i put in on this ?
If it breaks it`s your fault and you can do the reworking.

They will already know there is a plugin for xbmc , a simple google search will bring up this thread along with your constant questions which reveal a lot. My plugin page appears very quickly also.

If the cache on Z: doesn`t contain the last part of the file it will not resume and no, it`s got nothing to do with the plugin.

@Rocky,

No they are all .AVI files.

Don`t contact any site that i have created a plugin for EVER...
Exclamation 
Sorry for putting it that way when someone put up a plugin enjoy it only let them know if something is broken with it ,we all don,t need people calling site and given them any idea of what is been done with they site ok .So please enjoy what you get because it not smart to let them know what will are doing with they site !No
slippy Wrote:Many thanks for the very detailed reply

I can see where your coming from on the legal side and all that.

Instead of embedded an add into each video start like hulu, freemediatv could just create into a plugin for xbmc a ad that runs just before the movie but not actually in the movie. This way they could still make their money. I think it would be a awesome feature.

But can you tell me this for a site like stage 6 to of lasted how much money would they of needed each month for the site to run well?

I'm really curious about how old you are. No offense, but a lot of things would be cool to have, but asking for all of them would be silly as they take up people's time and resources. What you are asking for in this thread is basically for Voinage to create a plugin that would work universally and to publish what he would need each site to do for their site to work with his XBMC plugin. Since it is illegal for sites to offer movies in any form for free I'm pretty sure it will not happen anytime soon. Even though what you propose "could" be done, you'd probably be better off waiting for R2D2 to appear in your bedroom and project the movies onto your wall in holographic form while streaming them from websites.
smcnally75 Wrote:I'm really curious about how old you are. No offense, but a lot of things would be cool to have, but asking for all of them would be silly as they take up people's time and resources. What you are asking for in this thread is basically for Voinage to create a plugin that would work universally and to publish what he would need each site to do for their site to work with his XBMC plugin. Since it is illegal for sites to offer movies in any form for free I'm pretty sure it will not happen anytime soon. Even though what you propose "could" be done, you'd probably be better off waiting for R2D2 to appear in your bedroom and project the movies onto your wall in holographic form while streaming them from websites.

I am in my 20's and since I started using xbmc. I have been totally blown away by it. It is something I have always wanted and never knew existed. Some of the things I ask may seem silly to you. But I ask them because, I like to think that I'm a perfectionist. If I could program. I would create the most perfect plugin. That would do all the things I want. But I don't have that programming knowledge and when I see someone like Voinage. Making all these plugins. I am left wondering with all this talent. Why release all these plugins for all these different sites. When you can create one universal one which does it all. Voinage has done an incredible job and sometimes it may seem. That I am moaning but really I am not. He is incredible, one really good programmer, and I am very thankful. I love this freemediatv plugin that he has made and all his plugins. I know he is really busy with everything he does but he pulls off amazing work. So thank you very much voinage.

Now please just hear me out, I have two last ideas.

I know contacting these divx streaming sites may not be such a good idea. As they will try to break the way the plugin works. As they don't display ads like on their site.
But then I noticed 66stage does not show any ads. So I wonder how they can keep their site going with no money from ads. As they have no ads maybe they would be interested in supporting xbmc. I could talk to them as they would have nothing to lose.

Okay the second idea and probably the best idea.

You know the apple movie trailers script

Well that already has about 3000 trailers (the last time I counted) and movie info such as run time, cast info, plot info, certificate rating, cover art. What would be awesome would be if voinage or someone else could create a patch to the script that the user can use if they want. Which would link every trailer to the url of the divx streaming sites movies. The patch would create an extra menu option (you know when you right click and press movie info on the trailers) you see that menu come up which shows 'cast, play, fanart, thumbs, trailers'. Well add to that 'play full movie'. Then you can click it to play the full movie.

Then it would be cool to patch the trailers to show up in wall mode, poster mode, list mode in say your aeon skin.

This way we never need to contact the divx streaming site. When the streaming site in the future starts to add divx 2 CD ac3 5.1 releases. Then this patch to the script could then show both movies stacked as 1 file.

Now either that above scenario or a divx streaming site could create their own script for xbmc. With all the features I mention. As well as embed their own ads such as google adsense, textual ads, banner ads into the script. To play before and after each movie. This way they can make money to keep their site going.

But the best would be to go ad free and not tell the streaming sites and just create the patch to the apple movie trailers. As all the cover art is already there. You only need to take the movie url links and assign them to the movies in apple movie trailers.

Please, please consider this. I should think this is not so hard to do for a talented programmer like voinage or any one else.

Many thanks in advance for reading
If you took all the time it took to post to the XBMC forums, you could have easily learned how to program in C, C++, ASM, Java, Cobol, Python, etc...

May I suggest that you stop posting silly posts to these forums and learn how to program?

It's a win win for everybody!
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I am afraid I don't have the time to program, but better would be if I could buy the xbmc team!
Slippy, the issue is that you seem to think that just because someone knows how to program that they can make just about anything happen. That simply isn't the case. The reason why he makes seperate plugins for each site is because they each handle the files differently and need a completely different command structure.
I know that, but you would only need one command structure if a patch to the apple movie trailers script was done for streaming movies from just one site freemediatv
I have a smile on my faceBig Grin
Edit -- I forgot the most important part of this:
Thank you voinage for another excellent & useful Plugin.

slippy Wrote:Voinage. Making all these plugins. I am left wondering with all this talent. Why release all these plugins for all these different sites. When you can create one universal one which does it all.
You absolutely cannot do this. For the reason smcnally75 says and more. It would be a huge undertaking that would only result in fail.
Voinage is a good programmer and python is a good language, but neither are magic workers.

slippy Wrote:Now please just hear me out, I have two last ideas.
TWO ideas in one post!?!? Holy **** man you might be making progress after all.

slippy Wrote:But then I noticed 66stage does not show any ads. So I wonder how they can keep their site going with no money from ads. As they have no ads maybe they would be interested in supporting xbmc. I could talk to them as they would have nothing to lose.
Scratch what I said about progress.

Please look at the site. There most certainly are ads on it.

slippy Wrote:Okay the second idea and probably the best idea.

You know the apple movie trailers script

Well that already has about 3000 trailers (the last time I counted) and movie info such as run time, cast info, plot info, certificate rating, cover art. What would be awesome would be if voinage or someone else could create a patch to the script that the user can use if they want. Which would link every trailer to the url of the divx streaming sites movies. The patch would create an extra menu option (you know when you right click and press movie info on the trailers) you see that menu come up which shows 'cast, play, fanart, thumbs, trailers'. Well add to that 'play full movie'. Then you can click it to play the full movie.

YOU (and I do mean YOU, slippy) can do something very similar to this, all by yourself. It will take some time, you'll have to play with python (though probably not actually 'learn' it) You can use the command addContextMenuItem(...) to add an item that will launch the apple movie trailers script with arguments to play the correct trailer.

However no one will hold your hand... 1000 posts in the pthon dev section will get you no where. Specific questions are always welcome.

slippy Wrote:Then it would be cool to patch the trailers to show up in wall mode, poster mode, list mode in say your aeon skin.

This way we never need to contact the divx streaming site. When the streaming site in the future starts to add divx 2 CD ac3 5.1 releases. Then this patch to the script could then show both movies stacked as 1 file.
This is would require an XBMC patch, not a script patch.
It would be way more complicated than you think, and the devs have already stated at some point or another that they have no interest in adding streaming stuff to the library.

slippy Wrote:Now either that above scenario or a divx streaming site could create their own script for xbmc. With all the features I mention. As well as embed their own ads such as google adsense, textual ads, banner ads into the script. To play before and after each movie. This way they can make money to keep their site going.
!!!!!!!
How do you think we're going to click on these ads inside of xbmc? [most] Sites don't get paid just for showing ads, people have to actually click them.
Please, please, please, please think for TWO F'IN seconds before you spew this crap out.
Your thought process should be "wow, I have a good idea... but how would it realistically work? well... I can't think of how it could work, so I better keep my mouth shut"

slippy Wrote:But the best would be to go ad free and not tell the streaming sites and just create the patch to the apple movie trailers. As all the cover art is already there. You only need to take the movie url links and assign them to the movies in apple movie trailers.

Please, please consider this. I should think this is not so hard to do for a talented programmer like voinage or any one else.

Many thanks in advance for reading

No idea what that last part is about. No ads, just use trailers? Huh?

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but I hope my messages get through:
1) Not everything is possible/doable just because you think it would be neat
2) Try and figure out the logistics of requests before you ask them, so that #1 won't be as much of an issue.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Holy Flocking Shiite man, slippy WTF is wrong with your headHuh

Piffle - English - (noun) trivial nonsense - see all recent posts from slippy Eek

Voinage Wrote:Rename his profile to Zippy.

Heheh

Maybe slappy would be more appropriate Rofl

Honestly dude people in glass houses shouldn't be tossing such stones (or in your case bricks) around.

Tread lightly bro' I'm sure you mean well but I'm afraid you're just a little high-strung.

I don't think it's earning you any points here either.
The real problem here is that slippy admittedly knows nothing about programming but seems to think he knows what a skilled programmer "should" be ale to do. It's great to have ideas, but expecting people to act on them is another think Smile
smcnally,

I agree and whats worse the delusional presumption to possibly act on the behalf of Voinage or ourselves in a way that could be detriment.

But, I'd like to pint out that this thread was for Voinage and the release of another great peice of work and not senseless pipe dreams.

By the way thanks Voinage for this it works swimmingly...Cool

Cheers,

FC
rwparris2 Wrote:How do you think we're going to click on these ads inside of xbmc? [most] Sites don't get paid just for showing ads, people have to actually click them.
Please, please, please, please think for TWO F'IN seconds before you spew this crap out.
Your thought process should be "wow, I have a good idea... but how would it realistically work? well... I can't think of how it could work, so I better keep my mouth shut"

Actually a script can show an ad as a popup on the bottom of your screen. For instance, when there is a windows update the automatic updater pops up while I am watching a movie in xbmc. It could me made with a few lines of code to stay there for about 5 seconds and if your interested in the ad you can click it and your default web browser would open up the page of the ad. While minimizing and pausing playback of xbmc. This is certainly possible and other programs do this all the time.
slippy Wrote:Actually a script can show an ad as a popup on the bottom of your screen. For instance, when there is a windows update the automatic updater pops up while I am watching a movie in xbmc. It could me made with a few lines of code to stay there for about 5 seconds and if your interested in the ad you can click it and your default web browser would open up the page of the ad. While minimizing and pausing playback of xbmc. This is certainly possible and other programs do this all the time.

*facepalm*
Windows update is coded into windows, the OS. What you are suggesting would require revamping XBMC or modifying The host OS which is what malware does. I know for certain the developers don't want to ever see XBMC be referred to as malware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Freemedia.tv (Video) Plugin0