Catalyst 8.12 Driver version: 8.561
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/w..._linux.pdf

Will it work with XBMC in Ubuntu 8.10?
Can I update automatic like with the 8.552, or do I have to try a manual installation. (Rather not)

Will this solve any problems?

/Söder
soder Wrote:https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/w..._linux.pdf

Will it work with XBMC in Ubuntu 8.10?
Can I update automatic like with the 8.552, or do I have to try a manual installation. (Rather not)

Will this solve any problems?

/Söder

i don't really think you will get ati catalyst support in here.
cheers,azido :;):
Try it and see. But as azido said, we can't support ATI's drivers.
ENVY might be helpful...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
BLKMGK Wrote:ENVY might be helpful...

ENVY has fucked up things for me before...

/Söder
althekiller Wrote:Try it and see. But as azido said, we can't support ATI's drivers.

I dont mean that you should support the drivers, but there was a problem with the 8.10 driver and a green screen, and that was solved with tha 8.552 driver.

Now I wonder if any of that ATI says is fixed, will help ATI users with high cpu in idle, and stuff like that?

/Söder
Just try it. You can always revert back to what you have now. According to the release note it should be more stable anyway, not that I have ANY faith in ATI.
althekiller Wrote:Just try it. You can always revert back to what you have now. According to the release note it should be more stable anyway, not that I have ANY faith in ATI.

I dont think Im the one who should go first. I have little knowledge in linux, and last time I was very fast, it didnt went so good.

/Söder
I'll give it a try this afternoon. I am running hardy though, but I had the same problems with the catalyst 8.10 and 8.11 drivers (in hardy and intrepid).
Ok, I'm running Hardy 8.04 and XBMC build 16477.

Just installed catalyst 8.12 and it seems to be working "okay." I do not have the issue of garbled graphics in full screen mode, that issue seems to have been addressed. I am having some issues with tearing. After messing around with the Catalyst settings and XBMC settings, it seems ok, but not perfect. I have Vsync set to "let driver choose" in xbmc and set to "disable by default and let app use when needed, or whatever it is, in CCC. If I set it to any other combination, the tearing is pretty bad.

I will do some more testing...
indy5 Wrote:Ok, I'm running Hardy 8.04 and XBMC build 16477.

Just installed catalyst 8.12 and it seems to be working "okay." I do not have the issue of garbled graphics in full screen mode, that issue seems to have been addressed. I am having some issues with tearing. After messing around with the Catalyst settings and XBMC settings, it seems ok, but not perfect. I have Vsync set to "let driver choose" in xbmc and set to "disable by default and let app use when needed, or whatever it is, in CCC. If I set it to any other combination, the tearing is pretty bad.

I will do some more testing...

To fix the tearings, go to the ATI control panel and set vsync to quality I think..That will fix the tearing.

/Söder
On the issue of tearing - I thought the way to fix this was to set the performance/quality slider all the way to quality in the catalyst control center.

That seemed to fix any issue for me immediately (note this was was for an older very of the catalyst driver - have not tried the new one).

I didn't change any xbmc settings at all for this.

There's no way I'm going to ubuntu 8.10 any time soon - it seems ATI and 8.10 just does not play well at the moment. 8.04, and the older catalyst works fine, and I love my XBMC too much to risk breaking it Wink
tails_naf@yahoo Wrote:On the issue of tearing - I thought the way to fix this was to set the performance/quality slider all the way to quality in the catalyst control center.

That seemed to fix any issue for me immediately (note this was was for an older very of the catalyst driver - have not tried the new one).

I didn't change any xbmc settings at all for this.

There's no way I'm going to ubuntu 8.10 any time soon - it seems ATI and 8.10 just does not play well at the moment. 8.04, and the older catalyst works fine, and I love my XBMC too much to risk breaking it Wink

Stay at 8.04 . =)

I guess all the new drivers workes for both 8.04 and 8.10.

And, you are right at the slider thing...

/Söder
I just installed the catalyst 8.12 drivers, the automatic way, and that went OK. Much easier then the manual way Ive tried before. Got the new CCC in applications, but the old one is also there?

But now to the problem. Now watching a movie, .mkv or .xvid, the video is very slow. Like a constant lag.

/Söder
tails_naf@yahoo Wrote:There's no way I'm going to ubuntu 8.10 any time soon - it seems ATI and 8.10 just does not play well at the moment. 8.04, and the older catalyst works fine, and I love my XBMC too much to risk breaking it Wink

My Radeon HD 3450 works perfect with 8.10....well almost perfect, I have some underscan that I can't seem to get rid of.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Catalyst 8.12 Driver version: 8.5610