Catalyst 8.12 Driver version: 8.561
Aenima99x Wrote:My Radeon HD 3450 works perfect with 8.10....well almost perfect, I have some underscan that I can't seem to get rid of.

Type "aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0" in a terminal at the htpc your using.
That will solve your underscan.

/Söder
soder Wrote:Type "aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0" in a terminal at the htpc your using.
That will solve your underscan.

/Söder
Tried it, doesn't work.
Actually tried several things....some have no effect and one of them resulted in a beautiful all-black screen upon reboot. Oo
Aenima99x Wrote:Tried it, doesn't work.
Actually tried several things....some have no effect and one of them resulted in a beautiful all-black screen upon reboot. Oo

I also have the black screen sometimes, but thats because my plasme dont work with all resolutions.

Im pretty sure that the line I wrote is the thing for you.

What drivers do you use?

Have you checked your /etc/ati/amdpcdb for the line?

EDIT. I have not totaly reinstalled with the new 8.12 drivers, and now after first deleted the old one, I got my underscan back, and cant get rid of it.

If ypu type
"aticonfig --query-monitor"
"aticonfig --query-dispattrib=monitorname"
where monitorname in the answer from the first line, what do you then have in X and Y? I guess its smaller then MAX?

This problem was before solved for me with "aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0" , but something is wrong for me now to...

/Söder
soder Wrote:I just installed the catalyst 8.12 drivers, the automatic way, and that went OK. Much easier then the manual way Ive tried before. Got the new CCC in applications, but the old one is also there?

But now to the problem. Now watching a movie, .mkv or .xvid, the video is very slow. Like a constant lag.

/Söder

I now uninstalled the drivers again, and have installed manualy from the guide.
http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubuntu_...tion_Guide

What does this mean?
"Please note: Depending on the particular ATI card that you own, you may or may not automatically have all of the relevant driver features enabled. R500 and R600 cards (X1xxx, HD series, and newer) in particular will need TexturedVideo enabled in Xorg.conf (rather than the traditional VideoOverlay) in order to support Xv accelerated video playback. "

Is this something I shall try with xbmc?

/Söder
soder Wrote:I also have the black screen sometimes, but thats because my plasme dont work with all resolutions.

Im pretty sure that the line I wrote is the thing for you.

What drivers do you use?
Driver is 8.54.3

Quote:Have you checked your /etc/ati/amdpcdb for the line?
Here's the relevant lines from the file
TVEnableOverscan=V1
DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan=V0
Width=V1280
Height=V768
Refresh=V60

Quote:what do you then have in X and Y? I guess its smaller then MAX?
Nope, values are at max.
sizeX = default:1776, value:1776, max:1776
sizeY = default:1000, value:1000, max:1000
Aenima99x Wrote:Driver is 8.54.3

Here's the relevant lines from the file
TVEnableOverscan=V1
DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan=V0
Width=V1280
Height=V768
Refresh=V60

Nope, values are at max.
sizeX = default:1776, value:1776, max:1776
sizeY = default:1000, value:1000, max:1000

Hmm ok, then I dont know. I self try to get back my 8.552 again, and now I have the shitty underscan my self.. =(

/Söder
Did anyone of you solved the issue finally?

I have exactly the same problem:

- Black border by default.
- "aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0" didn't helped
- after setting PosX, PosY, SizeX and SizeY manually than X boots into black screen
olympia Wrote:Did anyone of you solved the issue finally?

I have exactly the same problem:

- Black border by default.
- "aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0" didn't helped
- after setting PosX, PosY, SizeX and SizeY manually than X boots into black screen

I had the problem before. I solved it with "aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0"

It also worked with setting it manual with

aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds2i,positionX:0
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds2i,positionY:0
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds2i,sizeX:1280
aticonfig --set-dispattrib=tmds2i,sizeY:720

but just like you said, it was reseted at every reboot.

But then, it worked with "aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DigitalHDTVDefaultUnderscan,0"

Then now, a couple of days ago I installed the new Catalys 8.12, and it went OK. Like before, I had no underscan, because I had the rigth setting in my amdpcsdb.

Then I noticed that the video in XBMC was fucked up with the new catalyst 8.12, so I tried to reinstall, but it didnt make it.

So I uninstalled it, and reinstalled the 8.552 from the update manager.

In some way it got fucked up, and I got my underscan back.
I think I in some way lost my good settings in amdpcsdb.
Then when I tried that line again, it didnt work.

Then I tried the manual settings again, and the was reseted at reboot.

Finaly, I think it has to do with the xorg.conf and the amdpcsdb, and that they have to be correct after a new install. Sometimes they get fucked, and then ypu maybe have to reset them and do some aticonfig and so..

To sum up, the lines you need, are the one I wrote here. Use them both and make sure your drivers really use the xorg and the amdpscdb.

Night.

/Söder
Söder, I read your whole story before, and I am in the same situation, that's why I asked.

So all-in-all the only solution is to revert back to an older driver?
And is mean that ati screwed up something in the most current catalyst?
olympia Wrote:Söder, I read your whole story before, and I am in the same situation, that's why I asked.

So all-in-all the only solution is to revert back to an older driver?
And is mean that ati screwed up something in the most current catalyst?

I dont think that the newest driver 8.12 did the underscan for me. My underscan came back when I downgraded and was messing around.

But for me the 8.12 didnt work with my XBMC and the settings I had in xorg and so.

But the installer worked, both automatic and manual.

/Söder
Quick question : Is the CPU load still 100% with these new drivers? I have the 8.9 drivers myself and everything is working great except for the CPU bug. So I really don't want to upgrade if this issue is not resolved.
Catalyst 8.12 has helped my situation with the 100% CPU bug. Although, mine was never as high as 100%, it was way up there with just having xbmc running.

With the new drivers, my setup now sits around 15-20% idle. This is also with removing the <forcedswaptime> entry from advancedsettings.xml. In the past, I had to have the <forcedswaptime> setting, or else I would be up in the 70s or 80s %cpu idle.

780G Chipset, by the way
d00chris Wrote:Quick question : Is the CPU load still 100% with these new drivers? I have the 8.9 drivers myself and everything is working great except for the CPU bug. So I really don't want to upgrade if this issue is not resolved.

Well my high CPU was solve in 8.552 installed from the Ubuntu update manager to.

I have very low cpu in idle, when the screen goes to black.

/Söder
Exclamation 
Well, I figured here is a place as good as any to seek help with my ATI XBMC problems. I currently have the ATI drivers that you can install through Ubuntu’s closed-source driver manager but I am not convinced that they are the most recent drivers available. I have XBMC running flawlessly from my desktop which is equipped with an Nvidia graphics card; however my 2 laptops with embedded ATI graphics both have the same problem. XBMC loads up fine and everything is displayed properly as it is on my nvidia based desktop. However, when I go to play a movie from an iso file, the movie starts to play but the video output is all screwed up. When I move the mouse the XBMC controls display properly on the screen but the video playback is messed up, I don’t even know how to describe it. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I could get these drivers installed on my ubuntu rig with a minimum of effort, I am a Linux noob. Also I would really be good to know how to check and see what version of the driver I am running; how can I obtain that information.

Thanks,
Slice
What version of Ubuntu? What hardware on the laptops?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Catalyst 8.12 Driver version: 8.5610