No Longer getting fanart
Hey,

Something happened in my Library, see I used to get fanart for 95% of my movies and using aeon they would display in the background when scrolling through my movie library, I'm sure all of you are familiar with this and I'm not sure if only Aeon can do this or not.

However now all movies I'm adding Aeon or XBMC is never finding any background fanart and I'm talking about mainstream movies that I know have fanart available, I've set content to movies using IMDB as a scrapper, fanart is enabled and even if I go inside the movie and refresh or click the get fanart button it's simply not finding any, actually when clicking get fanart it's not even looking for anything, it's says none is available,

I'm clearly doing something wrong, any ideas?
m0gwai Wrote:Hey,

Something happened in my Library, see I used to get fanart for 95% of my movies and using aeon they would display in the background when scrolling through my movie library, I'm sure all of you are familiar with this and I'm not sure if only Aeon can do this or not.

However now all movies I'm adding Aeon or XBMC is never finding any background fanart and I'm talking about mainstream movies that I know have fanart available, I've set content to movies using IMDB as a scrapper, fanart is enabled and even if I go inside the movie and refresh or click the get fanart button it's simply not finding any, actually when clicking get fanart it's not even looking for anything, it's says none is available,

I'm clearly doing something wrong, any ideas?

might be the easy case that there is an nfo-file inside your movie dir which causes xbmc not to lookup anymore for any external source?

that's the first thing that comes in my mind. so go check the dir of a movie you know it's not going to lookup, look for tbn and nfo files, remove them and try again.
cheers,azido :;):
im having the same issue as the thread starter. all my files are in a common directory and i do not use library mode. aeon has been very successful in the past at scaping fan art, but lately it just stopped, and like the thread starter said, its with mainstream movies, not obscure off the wall ones. in my common directory there are no tbn or nfo files.
sorry to partially hijack, but i have a feeling my problem is related to the thread starters so the more info the quicker resolution we both get.
I'm having the same exact issue. (Amazing how Transformers doesn't have any fan art or Tropic Thunder.) It also has issues sometimes finding Posters. (Tropic Thunder once again.) Any help on this issue would be great.

I'm running XBMC 8.10 on Win XP Pro.
Deucehearts Wrote:I'm having the same exact issue. (Amazing how Transformers doesn't have any fan art or Tropic Thunder.) It also has issues sometimes finding Posters. (Tropic Thunder once again.) Any help on this issue would be great.

I'm running XBMC 8.10 on Win XP Pro.

Please update your scraper to a more recent version.

A few days ago I've updated all fanart-enabled scrapers to use the newer TMDb api which offers more fanart images than the old one you're using right now. Get the scrapers here and replace your existing scraper in system/scrapers/video with the newly downloaded one.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
VDRfan Wrote:Please update your scraper to a more recent version.

A few days ago I've updated all fanart-enabled scrapers to use the newer TMDb api which offers more fanart images than the old one you're using right now. Get the scrapers here and replace your existing scraper in system/scrapers/video with the newly downloaded one.

okay, i think i did something wrong...any scraper i grabbed and uploaded to my xbox caused the scraper to disappear from the list in aeon when i hit set content. what did i do wrong? Sad
Hard to say without a full debug log and without knowledge of what you exactly did Wink
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
VDRfan Wrote:Please update your scraper to a more recent version.

how about updating them via svn repo installer?

just an idea..
cheers,azido :;):
VDRfan Wrote:Hard to say without a full debug log and without knowledge of what you exactly did Wink

all i did was right click saved as from that site you provided and them ftp'd them into the directory on the xbox you said to. im not sure how to even run a debug log...
azido Wrote:how about updating them via svn repo installer?
Yeah, we're thinking about a way to auto-update scrapers. SVN Repo Installer would be one option.

thesuffering Wrote:all i did was right click saved as from that site you provided and them ftp'd them into the directory on the xbox you said to. im not sure how to even run a debug log...

Take a look at the scrapers you've downloaded.. they are html files. Simply click on the wanted scraper (xml) and download it via one of the 'Download in other formats' links found on the bottom of the site.
VDRfan Wrote:Yeah, we're thinking about a way to auto-update scrapers. SVN Repo Installer would be one option.

Take a look at the scrapers you've downloaded.. they are html files. Simply click on the wanted scraper (xml) and download it via one of the 'Download in other formats' links found on the bottom of the site.

works perfectly now scraping posters and fan art, thanks!
I'm still having issues with fanart and posters. I downloaded the newest scrapers from the link provided and I am still not getting all posters available or fanart.

Is there a way I can remove everything and do a fresh install of XBMC on the computer. The reason I ask is because on a computer I just finnished building I installed the latest stable release and the scrapers all work fine on that one. (This is how I'm comparing scrapers and how they are working or not.) Thanks for your help.
I got it working now. I just reformatted the hard drive and did a fresh install. I wish I had more time to trouble shoot, but figured I should just from scratch. Thanks for all your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Longer getting fanart0