XBMC Live on HDD - ATI 780G - Black Screen
Question 
hello,

i'm new to xbmc.

i installed xbmx live on my sata drive. my board has an ati 780G gpu integrated.

i get the splash / boot screen and after that my monitor gets no signal. switching to an other console doesn't work.

i can only reboot the pc by pressing strg alt del.

someone got an idea?
Check the stickies above.............

Kryspy
i did, but i don't know how.

where is the xorg config located on ubuntu 8.10 linux when flxgr is installed? and does this config work with xbmc?
Question 
well, i did it :-)

now xbmc is working but i see tearings all over the display :-(

is there a solution for this problem? i don't know how to install other drivers.
To tell you the truth the only way I totally eliminated tearing was to go with a full Linux install and XBMC. Then I set vertical sync in Catalyst Control Center all the way to the right for maximum quilaity and set XBMC to follow the driver.

If you set XBMC to have vertical sync as always on with the Live CD it isn't bad but I still see tearing.

I am not sure if CCC is even available in the LiveCD; I suspect not. If there is a editable command line to set the vertical sync to max with the Live CD I'd love to know how.

Kryspy
ccc is on XBMCLive, although you may need to launch it in safe mode to launch it
How do i start XBMC Live in safe mode?
type "safe" instead of "1" "2" "3" or "0" at boot (and search the forum pls!)
I searched the forum for "safe mode" but i didn't found this information.

How do i type safe, when XBMC Live doesn't ask?

I'm running it from my harddisk.
Happy new year :-)

I used Ubuntu 8.10 Live CD and edit the config file where the default launch option is set.

Now im in the command line but when i trie to run aticonfig i get an error.

Quote:aticonfig: command not found

can someone help me pls? i don't know how to run ati catalyst control center.

float

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live on HDD - ATI 780G - Black Screen0