[RELEASE] EeasyNews & VCD Quality (Video) Streaming/Download Plugin
Disclaimer: I'm very new to xbmc

Running XBMC 8.10 SVN:16164 on Ubuntu 8.04.

I have an easynews account and have installed and used the sabnzbd plugin successfully.

In reply to someone else's issue you said:

nate12o6 Wrote:yes. please post the log snippet. But im guessing the problem is that you did not set the settings for you username and password? You do this by pressing the white button on the plugin and clicking plugin settings. If you do not think this is the cause please post the log.

When I drill down into Videos/Video Plugins/Easynews, I only see a folder icon for the VCDQuality videos. I don't see a "white button" on the plugin, though. Or are you referring to the color of an XBOX remote button?

I'm sure I have to put in my user/password for easynews somewhere, but I can't figure out where.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

OK - so white button = title button on the xbox remote, or guide button on my harmony remote (brings up a menu with plugin settings)

I was able to enter my easynews userid/pass, but it still doesn't show anything when I drill down to VCD Quality videos, it says easynews 100%, searching, then gives me a next folder, and if i drill down into that it says loading directory, retrieved 0 items, etc.
Have you tried a different movie title? Perhaps the title you are looking for is not available on easynews??
IIRC, I never had anywhere to enter search parameters. I think I just drilled down.

In any case, parts are on the way to build a real HTPC - the one I used with your plugin was a test.

I plan to make this one of the first plugins I test on the new build and will post back here if I still have issues.
Doesn't seem to work on XBOX. Is there something I am doing wrong?

I changed the settings for the plugin and it runs. Brings up a VCDQuality folder, but when I open it up, there is nothing there.

Thanks
1 Original XBOX XBMC with every game under the sun
3 Raspberry Pi's w/ Openelec Kodi shared MySQL db
1 Win7 Kodi hosting shared MySQL and media
1 Mythbuntu backend v.27 and HD Homerun Prime 3 tuners
weateallthepies Wrote:It's unlikely as this and the older easynews script rely on the web interface that easynews provides. There is no requirement for decoding/unraring as there would be just hitting an nntp server.

As far as I know easynews are the only provider that does something like this.

Where in this video plugin am I supposed to enter my Search terms? I am using Xbox. Thanks
1 Original XBOX XBMC with every game under the sun
3 Raspberry Pi's w/ Openelec Kodi shared MySQL db
1 Win7 Kodi hosting shared MySQL and media
1 Mythbuntu backend v.27 and HD Homerun Prime 3 tuners

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] EeasyNews & VCD Quality (Video) Streaming/Download Plugin1