Proper XML + URL NFO format
Support for combining imdb url's with xml tags in nfo files was recently added by spiff (see here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4460#comment:4). He states there that the format should be:

<xml>
</xml>
url

But that's not working for me, assuming I'm interpreting that correctly. Here is what the contents of my nfo file look like:

<movie>
<title>28777 Weeks Later</title>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0463854/

You can see I changed the title from the actual name so I could tell when it's working, and so far it isn't. I've also tried other combinations, with and without the xml version statement up top, the url at the top, and inside the xml tags, different indentation sizes, adding an actual <xml> tag set (i assume he meant it generally but you never know)...I'm a bit lost here, am I doing something wrong? I'm using Windows Vista, XBMC rev. 16501, and using the IMDB scraper in the set content dialog. I can supply a debug log if that's helpful, but i want to make sure not just doing this wrong first.
What SVN revision are you using? The mixed nfo stuff was broken in r16405 and fixed in r16510.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
that explains it. I mentioned in there somewhere that i'm using 16501 so that must be the problem. Thanks Smile
I rolled back to 16402 and it is working fine there.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I just did the same and it works great. Thanks for the help Smile
It has since been fixed in r16510
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Proper XML + URL NFO format0