[MAC] Compilation Question - Why Samba 3.0.28a?
What's the reason for using the old version of samba3 from macports? Was it just because of the incorrect lib refs in the dylib? Ifso, then you should be able to use the latest port. I fixed the dylibs a few days ago.
jeremyhu Wrote:What's the reason for using the old version of samba3 from macports? Was it just because of the incorrect lib refs in the dylib? Ifso, then you should be able to use the latest port. I fixed the dylibs a few days ago.

Samba 3.0.28a is what the other platforms use. It was best to stick with the same version so as not to introduce unknown version dependencies.
Ok, thanks.

I'm trying to put together an XBMC port for macports, so I'm pretty much stuck with the newer version of samba.

Is there a bugzilla for XBMC that I don't see, or should I just discuss bugs here? So far I've noticed:

==1==
README.osx should be updated to have the build line be:
xcodebuild -parallelizeTargets -configuration Debug -project XBMC.xcodeproj

Without the '-project' it fails (atleast on recent XCodes)

You may also want to suggest the '-sdk' command line arg and the ARCHS option for people who want to build against another SDK (like 10.5) or for ppc (haven't tried yet... is there x86 assembly I should worry about?).

==2==
SDLKeyboard.cpp is making some Xkb calls when it shouldn't:
"_XkbFreeKeyboard", referenced from:
CLowLevelKeyboard::Initialize(void*) in SDLKeyboard.o
"_XGetAtomName", referenced from:
"_XkbGetKeyboard", referenced from:

That code is inside an '#ifdef _LINUX' , so that's getting #define'd somewhere...

==3==
For newer samba, you need to:
sed -i 'sConfusedmbc_urlencode:SMBC_urlencode:g' xbmc/FileSystem/FileSmb.cpp
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=57 for development issues

"I'm trying to put together an XBMC port for macports" -> say more on this, I don't understand what you are trying to do.

The trick with Macports is to force it to use the previous version. I thought the readme.osx mentioned that. Just checked, yes it does. Need to setup a local dport repository.

PPC builds will fail. There's endian issues and x86 asm code around.

For your 2) not seen that. This a recent svn pull? SVN breaks sometimes as other platform devs add code that breaks the build.

Just an FYI, MacPorts is sensitive to the OSX version. MacPorts built on 10.4 will work on 10.5/10.4 built XBMC. MacPorts built on 10.5 will not. Targeting a specific SDK is broke under MacPorts.

Ideally, everything that XBMC uses from MacPorts could be built without using MacPorts. This would free the XBMC build from the MacPorts dependencies. I've thought of bring these libs into XBMC svn but stalling on the mess it would create as building existing libs is a bit of a mess right now.
Apply cluestick to self head Smile I think I understand now. You are making a MacPorts build/install of XBMC -- correct.

2) was a recent breakage. Fixing it now.

3) you should be able to fix this with a pre-patch to the XBMC code before building under MacPorts. Until the other platforms update to the newer samba version, I can't change SVN as it would break the other platform builds.

EDIT: jmarshall beat me to fixing 2) Smile
I think we should update the samba on all plattforms before 9.04 Smile

linux should be no biggie I hope but can´t say for win32.

So imo moving to newest samba on osx is all good.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Wink 
jeremyhu Wrote:Is there a bugzilla for XBMC that I don't see
We use trac instead of bugzilla => http://trac.xbmc.org/

More general information XBMC developing here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Appendix_D:_...ment_Notes
and some Mac OS X specific information here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Mac

davilla Wrote:[url]PPC builds will fail. There's endian issues and x86 asm code around.
FYI, an initial patch for compiling XBMC for Linux under PPC can be found here so you might get a few pointer of it => http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5544 (and it was recently commuted to the SVN)

Happy coding! Big Grin

Topfs2 Wrote:I think we should update the samba on all plattforms before 9.04
I guess/hope that you mean latest samba 3.x and not 4.x right?

Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Compilation Question - Why Samba 3.0.28a?0