• 2(current)
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC
Anyone have luck with this on win32? I tried vs .2, but nothing would play. I had to click on a show, then choose an episode, then I see 2 more of the same title, then click again and see one item, select to play and either nothing happens or xbmc just locks up. I'll check my build, but I'm usually pretty current Wink
A bunch worked for me. Others didn't (Like ALF Smile ).
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The have a constant geocheck during the rtmp stream, that`s why i never bothered releasing my plugin.

One way around is to get hotspot shield then share your internet connection to the xbox

Or get a payed vpn

or get a fast u.s socks5 proxy
rwparris2 Wrote:Scrape the list from here http://www.hulu.com/browse/alphabetical/episode and here http://www.hulu.com/browse/alphabetical/feature_film

They even have it set up so you can grab individual genres.

That doesnt have a rss feed, so it wont be as reliable.
kricker Wrote:Anyone have luck with this on win32? I tried vs .2, but nothing would play. I had to click on a show, then choose an episode, then I see 2 more of the same title, then click again and see one item, select to play and either nothing happens or xbmc just locks up. I'll check my build, but I'm usually pretty current Wink

Works on my win32 build, from SVN. But the video has ghosting, xbox is clean.
tslayer Wrote:A bunch worked for me. Others didn't (Like ALF Smile ).

Are you in the US?

There is no way to "turn off" ip checking... it looks like they even go so far as to check the actual stream IP, so you can't just get lists with a proxy, you have to actually use a proxy for the entire stream.

Anyways, I personally won't be using this, until we get ALF working gosh darnit Rolleyes

Actually if zoltar doesn't mind I'd like to revamp the way things are organized. (without having looked at the code I'm assuming you're searching for the episode title then just listing all the results? we can do better Big Grin)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:There is no way to "turn off" ip checking... it looks like they even go so far as to check the actual stream IP, so you can't just get lists with a proxy, you have to actually use a proxy for the entire stream.

Yes. If they check the stream, then it wouldn't work without a proxy. When I was network sniffing I noticed that they do a http request for /geocheck and they use that for some logic. I disabled this in 0.2 since I noticed that the stream plays without. I was hoping others could test to see if things worked.

rwparris2 Wrote:Actually if zoltar doesn't mind I'd like to revamp the way things are organized. (without having looked at the code I'm assuming you're searching for the episode title then just listing all the results? we can do better Big Grin)

Feel free to change what you want, though scraping html for titles might require maintenance from time-to-time when hulu changes their look. Using a xml result like I did is much more maintainable. Look at the code though. Do you know of a better xmldom that supports xpath, rather than elementree?
Just scrape the whole thing clean no need for xml at all.
Add the Regexp for the scraping def via plugin settings, then if they change just post the new regexp - let the end user enter it manually.

It`s no good only having half the progs working, when it`s down to urls
zoltar12 Wrote:Feel free to change what you want, though scraping html for titles might require maintenance from time-to-time when hulu changes their look. Using a xml result like I did is much more maintainable.

It may require maintenance every now and then, but I have no problems with that. The results will look much nicer in the plugin trust me. I've got some stuff to do tonight, so I'll do this early tomorrow morning, or late tomorrow night.

I'll also add language strings and some settings (like instead of picking between high and medium in the plugin, just do it from settings, much nicer like that).

@ Voinage - sticking the regex in the settings isn't a 1/2 bad idea, but it will still break if they change their url structure.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Awesome work guys! Smile
Just watched some episodes, works awesome!

Some shows didn't work, but not really sure why. I see others have mentioned this as well, hopefully it can get worked out, but even at this point, it is great having Hulu working on my Xbox.
The quality doesn't really seem the same as on the website. Is "High" supposed to be the 480p version available on the site?
Great to see some progress on a working Hulu plugin, I've been looking for this for a while now.

I tried it on the latest Windows build and was only able to get one show to play of the ones that I tried and that was an episode of Family Guy. It only played for the first 11 seconds then locked up XBMC. The sound was stuck looping 1 second over and over as well as the gui was unresponsive. I had to force quit it. Tried again with an episode of 24 and it worked great!

Ideas/Questions:
Is it possible to have the shows integrate with the TV Shows library view of XBMC? For instance, when I select Family Guy I would like for it to show all seasons and episodes whether I have a copy of it on my server or not. When I select an episode to play, it would pick the local file if it exists and stream from Hulu if not. Is this level of integration possible with a video plugin with the content set to tv?

I am looking forward to the next version. Smile
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

angrycamel Wrote:Ideas/Questions:
Is it possible to have the shows integrate with the TV Shows library view of XBMC? For instance, when I select Family Guy I would like for it to show all seasons and episodes whether I have a copy of it on my server or not. When I select an episode to play, it would pick the local file if it exists and stream from Hulu if not. Is this level of integration possible with a video plugin with the content set to tv?

I am looking forward to the next version. Smile

Nope, not possible.

Hi guys,

Great project!
Just to let you know I tried outsoude US the 0.2 of the plugin, on Xbox and on Windows, I was able to navigate, get the thumbnails, but no video.
If you need logs, please let me know.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC1