• 44(current)
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC
well, it actually is broken for those of us still using xboxes. At least I'm pretty sure.
I can't help with the tech-fix here, but I voted with my account: I deleted my Hulu account, since it is now worthless to me without the AppleTV Boxee version.
Fancast has a lot of Hulu content (which they stream direct from Hulu) and does not suffer from the same pid encryption issues. I uploaded my Fancast plugin to github.

http://github.com/rectalogic/xbmc-fancas...ree/master
great plugin. too bad they don't have last night's dollhouse up yet on fancast...
wait, isnt there a working hulu in the svn?
rectalogic Wrote:Fancast has a lot of Hulu content (which they stream direct from Hulu) and does not suffer from the same pid encryption issues. I uploaded my Fancast plugin to github.

http://github.com/rectalogic/xbmc-fancas...ree/master

I installed this into the plugin directory and added it to sources but I can't get it to play any of the series. I can see the list and the thumbnail but when I press play, nothing happens. I'm on a xbox.

Does anyone know what could be causing the problem?
raymondh Wrote:I installed this into the plugin directory and added it to sources but I can't get it to play any of the series. I can see the list and the thumbnail but when I press play, nothing happens. I'm on a xbox.

Does anyone know what could be causing the problem?

In both apps the lists or episodes show up just fine. I was able to actually get some episodes to play in XBMC but when I try to in Boxee I click Play but nothing happens.

EDIT: It actually does work in Boxee. I selected the first "The A Team" episode in both XBMC and Boxee and the videos played just fine. Maybe I just needed to wait even longer while it was buffering. Thanks a lot @rectalogic
Things were working on Fri night EDT with the dirty hack. Which was great.
As others have reported Sat morning things seemed to break again.

I have the dirty hack, as well as the subscription version with the dirty hack. I also grabbed the fancast script.

All the scripts currently will show lists of shows. Not all shows will give me episode lists , any that do the episodes do not seem to want to play.

With the fancast script I have similar issues though I seem to be able to always get episode lists at least. I will say that based on one of the recent above comments I did manage to get the first A-team episode to run. So that was rather odd .. is the a-team streamed from somewhere not hulu??

I want to extend my thanks to everyone thats worked on this script and continues to work on the current problems. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.
I forked the svn Hulu plugin and created a branch that uses gnash to decode the pid directly using the sec.swf hosted at hulu.com. Edit the plugin settings to configure the path to your local gnash executable.

http://github.com/rectalogic/xbmc-hulu-p...tree/gnash
Spent some time searching, but does anyone know where there's a already built Gnash for Mac OS? Thanks.

EDIT: http://mac.softpedia.com/progDownload/Gn...30462.html

(another 30 seconds works wonders some days.)
jonm42 Wrote:Spent some time searching, but does anyone know where there's a already built Gnash for Mac OS? Thanks.

I don't think so. It's actually a bit of a pain to build.

I downloaded the source tarball then used MacPorts to install dependencies:

Code:
$ sudo port install boost jpeg giflib antigraingeometry

antigraingeometry will fail to build, so when you get the build error, do this to fix it and continue:

Code:
$ cd /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.ma
cports.org_release_ports_graphics_antigraingeometry/work/agg-2.5/
$ sudo autoreconf
$ cd
$ sudo port install antigraingeometry

Then configure and build gnash:

Code:
$ ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --enable-gui=dump --enable-media=no --enable-renderer=agg
$ make
$ make install

Then configure the plugin to use /opt/local/bin/dump-gnash (the /opt/local/bin/gnash script doesn't work with the dump gui, so have to explicitly reference dump-gnash)
jonm42 Wrote:Spent some time searching, but does anyone know where there's a already built Gnash for Mac OS? Thanks.

EDIT: http://mac.softpedia.com/progDownload/Gn...30462.html

(another 30 seconds works wonders some days.)

I had come across this download as well but I'm stuck. Do I need to compile this or can I just change...

<setting id='gnash_path' type ="text" label="30020" default="/opt/local/bin/gnash"/>

...to point to this folder?
Thanks for all the hard work, I didn't even know about the hulu plugin 'till it was gone...

The gnash/hulu plugin ALMOST works for me. I'm running Ubuntu 8.10, the official atlantis release from the PPA. I've edited the settings.xml to point to /usr/bin/gnash where ubuntu drops it. I get all the way past selecting my resolution and all I get is a black screen. The only way out is to kill -9 xbmc....

Let me know if I can provide any more information on this one, or if there's some sort of obvious PEBKAC issue here (I suspect the later).

-Rupert
tastypopsicle Wrote:I had come across this download as well but I'm stuck. Do I need to compile this or can I just change...

<setting id='gnash_path' type ="text" label="30020" default="/opt/local/bin/gnash"/>

...to point to this folder?

Nope, this is a non-trivial build process... I'm doing a boatload of port installs as we speak.
rupert Wrote:The gnash/hulu plugin ALMOST works for me. I'm running Ubuntu 8.10, the official atlantis release from the PPA. I've edited the settings.xml to point to /usr/bin/gnash where ubuntu drops it. I get all the way past selecting my resolution and all I get is a black screen. The only way out is to kill -9 xbmc....

First check the xbmc logs for anything interesting.

Second, check if your gnash is able to decode a sample pid directly:

Code:
$ gnash --render-mode 0 --once --verbose --param FlashVars=pid=dd4e9942974869f0cac12ab9ce815da9af6f8486a433a84bda842dae193457f9~16aa98d95559f7db192bb69972ffc6578e87c22f6bc8eafc8a4c76b924b9800f /path/to/plugin/Hulu/resources/lib/DecryptPid.swf | grep hulupid

3877:2692241184] 23:26:07 TRACE: hulupid=mr9JdoQ0hSohpA6czVzNb8sjtx5ZZW5_
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC1