Please note: Your imdb.xml scraper is possibly half-broken
Hello, i'm a Meedio plugin developer and lately we got the idea to benefit from the power and relative simplicity of your xml / regex scraping architecture.

However, i noticed that your imdb.xml fails to grab a film's plot because the regex you use for this operation is not updated for the latest imdb site changes. I would update it myself, but i have no experience with the xbmc scrapers, so i would kindly request from anyone with better experience to update it, if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks!
Hi and welcome to our forums Wink

Our IMDb scraper is working fine for me and i don't really think its broken as i've updated it lately to support the newer themovie.db org api. Is there any special movie that fails?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks for the prompt reply Smile

I use the 'scrape.exe' utility to test your scraper, and on all movies i 'have tried, it fails on the GetMoviePlot function.

Could you please take a look on this function with scrape.exe and see if you find anything unusual? Thanks, keep up the great work!
Its not our scraper, it is the outdated scrap.exe code that's producing this issue. You will have to use XBMC to test the scrapers as i don't think the scrap utility will get fixed any soon.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Ok, so the scrap.exe is broken then.

Is there an official thread for this utility to report my problem?
Or an alternative scraper tester which provides output to command line, or a details.xml file? It's ok if there isn't, i will try to fix the scrape.exe utility, but if there is, information on where to find it would be helpful for me. Thanks again!
Hi there,

Unfortunately there is noone maintaining scrap.exe. You are most welcome to take it over if you wish. The sources are in xbmc/tools/Scrap.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jonathan, i will have a look at them Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please note: Your imdb.xml scraper is possibly half-broken0