Xbox Friendly Texutres.xpr
OK like i done for MediaStream skin here is one for Horizonz as my xbox even with xbox mode forced turned on still wouldn't play some videos so now they all work even with Movie fanart.

For 720P or higher Rez

Pros
More memory on all menus max i have seen is 13mbs.
327 textures resized by 50%.
Can have all bells and whistles turned on. ( Turn off Force xbox mode )
Looks like the big brother version nothing different. ( Not sure if xbox mode done anything that i could see )

Cons
Doesn't look as sharp as the stock skin.

Download Xbox Friendly Horizonz volume III Textures.xpr

Comparison screenshots to show memory consumption.
My Textures.xpr
Image Image Image

Default Textures.xpr
Image Image Image

Big thanks to xb2iris for a fantastic skin looks great on my XBox & PC.

Update
Now that Volume IV is here here is the Xbox Friendly Textures.

Download Xbox Friendly Horizonz volume IV Textures.xpr

Now i cant test this as i now have 128mb motherboard so if some peeps can do that with a stock 64mbs using 720p not SD as there is no need for this xpr.
You are providing the xbox users a nice service, Rocky5!

Though i have no problems at all with Horizonz on my xbox. When i started using Horizonz, i was suprised how smooth it ran on the xbox. And i even don't use the xbox mode option! Besides the looks of Horizonz, this was a major reason for me to stick with this skin.
So... strange you have troubles with playing movies... (i watch a lot of divx's and dvd's, use a lot of fanart and mainly use the showcase view in the library)
dynamix Wrote:You are providing the xbox users a nice service, Rocky5!

Though i have no problems at all with Horizonz on my xbox. When i started using Horizonz, i was suprised how smooth it ran on the xbox. And i even don't use the xbox mode option! Besides the looks of Horizonz, this was a major reason for me to stick with this skin.
So... strange you have troubles with playing movies... (i watch a lot of divx's and dvd's, use a lot of fanart and mainly use the showcase view in the library)

It only happens if i play music and try to load a film it wont load and after that none will load till i restart but with the new textures i don't have this problem as with the default textures.xpr i have only 11,12mbs (with fanart on) left of memory but with the new (my) .xpr i have 19,20mbs left now this is with music playing.

if i don't play music then it works fine but i like my startup playlist to much.

images with memory consumption.
Mine 20mbs left over with music playing
Default 11mbs left over with music playing
Oo 11+ MB memory left? Dunno what's going on here, but that sounds really something is not good. Have volume 3 running, all rings and bells turned on and still 40Mb left. Strange.
Great job Rocky5... I was aiming to keep the skin as optimized as possible, but with recent updates, I've kinda stopped paying as much attention as i should have, so thanks for giving the xbox boys and girls a revamp... may add a link to the release thread, so more people get there hands on it? that okay? i think it was a great idea!
xb2iris Wrote:Great job Rocky5... I was aiming to keep the skin as optimized as possible, but with recent updates, I've kinda stopped paying as much attention as i should have, so thanks for giving the xbox boys and girls a revamp... may add a link to the release thread, so more people get there hands on it? that okay? i think it was a great idea!

Yeah of course its ok i love this skin looks so sleek its sexy.

i only get 11mbs left when playing music in the background if i turn that off i have same as mine with with music playing so its a no brainer really.

if you want just before you release volume IV i will resizes all the textures again that is if you want.
For reference, i checked the memory consumption on my xbox:

22mb free while playing mp3 (located at smb location). I wonder what eats up your memory, Rocky5...
dynamix Wrote:For reference, i checked the memory consumption on my xbox:

22mb free while playing mp3 (located at smb location). I wonder what eats up your memory, Rocky5...

am wondering that now to lol i have a 1.4 xbox Tsop flashed with ind-bios 5003 with custom paths to the Dashboard.xbe but that shouldn't effect it well i don't think it will.

i run in 720p 16:9 as well so could it be that.

ok just checked if i run in SD Mode NTSC 16:9 i get 22mbs free if i run in 720P 16:9 i get 11mbs free so that's the problem.

so if a mod wants to rename the thread to ( Xbox Friendly Texutres.xpr for 720P or higher Rez )
Rocky5 Wrote:Yeah of course its ok i love this skin looks so sleek its sexy.

i only get 11mbs left when playing music in the background if i turn that off i have same as mine with with music playing so its a no brainer really.

if you want just before you release volume IV i will resizes all the textures again that is if you want.

thanks man... and i'll add it to the release thread as soon as i can...

dynamix Wrote:For reference, i checked the memory consumption on my xbox:

woooo... might be that u have a super special xbox...

Rocky5 Wrote:am wondering that now to lol i have a 1.4 xbox Tsop flashed with ind-bios 5003 with custom paths to the Dashboard.xbe but that shouldn't effect it well i don't think it will.

ok just checked if i run in SD Mode NTSC 16:9 i get 22mbs free if i run in 720P 16:9 i get 11mbs free so that's the problem.

so if a mod wants to rename the thread to ( Xbox Friendly Texutres.xpr for 720P or higher Rez )

interesting... never knew that mattered... go figure, never really tested anything properly on an xbox... so thanks for that...
Rocky5 Wrote:am wondering that now to lol i have a 1.4 xbox Tsop flashed with ind-bios 5003 with custom paths to the Dashboard.xbe but that shouldn't effect it well i don't think it will.

That's it, Rocky5! I'm running XBMC in SD mode...

Though it seems logical more memory is needed when running it in 720p mode. (I will compare that next week when my hdtv arrives) Thoug i've read before that using 1080p on a xbox is almost impossible due to the small amount of memory.
there u go... dam, send me an hdtv as well man... where's ur xmas spirit... hehehe...

nyways... i put this on the release thread rocky5... thanks again... great idea!
hdtv... u need a pc! Big Grin

(Will donate some more when xmas arrives, mate)
Is it possible that my files are now sorted with "The" neglected whereas that option didn't have any effect before I installed this texture?

BTW... I renamed textures.xpr.xpr to textures.xpr and replaced the one in q:\skin\horizonz\media. I assumed the double extension was a typo. Was I correct?
frater Wrote:Is it possible that my files are now sorted with "The" neglected whereas that option didn't have any effect before I installed this texture?

BTW... I renamed textures.xpr.xpr to textures.xpr and replaced the one in q:\skin\horizonz\media. I assumed the double extension was a typo. Was I correct?

Yeah it was a typo fixed it now thanks.

the xpr has no effect on your system settings its just a texture archive.
I understand that it doesn't have an explicit influence, but it could be that the sorting routine crashes due to insufficient memory and now runs as it should.
Maybe others have the same.

If I have time, I will load the bigger textures.xpr and see if that "bug" comes back. It's also possible that I didn't notice it in one of my recent SVN-updates.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox Friendly Texutres.xpr0