Xeon sneak preview (another Aeon mod) feedback wanted
I'm looking for feedback at this stage, please leave some below. Positive or negative.

It is a mod of the original AEON 14 skin. And at this point i reckon it is around 90% complete. Just a few more things to polish up/tweek.

I've been working on this mod for several months and is purely for my own entertainment/use at the moment. If there is enough interest however, i will launch publicly.

I'm not going to go into all the additions/amendments that I have done at this stage as i have not written them all up, however you can see influences from many sources including the upcoming Aeon Stark (but i'm not ripping them off).

I have this running on my xbox at the moment and it behaves perfectly with the fan art sized down. (media companion also does this for me which is excellent).

Anyway, check out some screens here..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33416167@N08/

Here is a beta.. **Megaupload**

Now bear in mind, a few things do need fixing!

As an extra, you need to download my fanart pack (only a small one so you get the idea of where stuff goes) and place it in your XBMC main folder.
The folder structure will be xbmc/Backdrops/..

Post up any fixes, patches or additions in this thread for now and we can release "proper" when complete.

Some additional notes:
The About section is not finished. I was playing with the idea of linking in a python script that loads up the changelog.txt and this is currently linked to this button..

The XPR was having issues so thats why some media pictures are not included within it.. Can someone fix this up? was having issues with the GIFs crashing out the xbmctex program..

The Volume bar: I was toying with the idea of having the percentage displayed aswell as the graphical bar. I dont think this is doable now, but the code is still in there so it always shows 39%/40% as its looking to the system.progress bar. Anyone fix this? I think a trac ticket maybe needed for it.

Movie Info: Tried emulating the info screen from Stark. Sorta works, but i've also tied it to the down button and as you will see, it does not refresh.. I think DJH put a trac ticket in about it, but its still not resolved last time i checked. PS. I broke the actor credits..not had chance to fix it back in..

Some of the code maybe messy, so beware !

Let this be a true team effort. And dont deviate from the look/font. Or emulate Stark too much.

I like the way this all works and would like to keep it this way.

EDIT: Grab a copy of TWC Supplemental from here and place it in scripts for the Weather+ menu item to work

Link for fanart pack 165mb here (slightly smaller, compressed twice, some art removed)

Replacement 720p folder xmls with special:// corrections here (drop this over originals included in this download)

**hack to bring up original reset screen: go to core filemanager, pick any file, on the context menu select 'settings'..** - this will reset all fanart paths to corrected special:// locations
awsome work. especially the new overlay for unwatched movies

the system info screen needs changing to fit in with the rest of the skin, but apart from that nice work.

whats the texture format designed for? ie 1080p or 720p i guess what i mean is will it run fine on the xbox?
Ive kept with the 720p standard as per the original Aeon, but i have resized/optimised a few other textures and also borrowed some from the Horizons mod as they were basically doing the same thing.

Glad you like it so far, and yes runs just fine on my xbox. The screens were grabbed direct from it.
very nice.. how did u get the weather so nicely.. this is one thing that bugs me with the Aeon skin..
please share the Weather page code!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
The weather page code is a script by Nuka1195.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40338

My skin just points to the script. Its very good. I recommend it highly.
Allright,

Big fan of Aeon from the start, Been using Horizonz because it took the sharp edges of Aeon. I molested/pimped (depends on who's looking at it) Horizons V.3 to my own liking, (My home-network is called Skynet, so my Mediacenter must be "branded" with Cyberdyne Systems logos and texts).

But this looks like a VERY interesting Alternative. Based on the screens, it seems like you took at up a nodge. ;-) I am interested. RELEASE IT! :-)
Joy In Repitition
Looks very good. Pls release it Smile
I expect to have this mod finished (or as much as) early in the new year (drunkeness dependant lol)

Merry xmas to all Smile
If anyone would like to help out finishing this mod, PM me.

Skills req:
understanding XML,
previous skinning knowledge an advantage,
able to create really good graphics.
Looking forward to this getting released - it's got everything I wanted Aeon modded to do. One request though - is it possible to change the font? The one in the main scroller looks a bit big to me.
chrisdaniels Wrote:If anyone would like to help out finishing this mod, PM me.

Skills req:
understanding XML,
previous skinning knowledge an advantage,
able to create really good graphics.

My XML knowledge is little, and graphic work takes so much time for me, but if necessary, I would be happy to test for you (on both windows and Xbox)
Joy In Repitition
The font will not be changing as i like it.
You can easily customise it yourself however by editing the xml files.

Thanks for the offer Batemann, but i can test both of those myself, however this is really xbox orientated, but will work just fine on a Windows box.

The offers of help have not been that forthcoming and real life has caught up with me big time due to getting a new g/friend, so unless someone can help out with this, the release is going to slip back a good few weeks/months.

What I Need:

1) Media Flags (like stark) for media flagging. I have made labels to identify AVI, ISO, DVD, MKV, MOV and DIVX files in the Movie info, but they look poor. I want some decent ones and I want all possible (in XBMC) video formats covered. (in PNG)

2) Studio Flags. Like above but for the movie studios (in PNG)

3) Showcase view from Horizons imported into Programs/Games (not got round to it)

4) How to add two overlays to the shadow image in Showcase view. Notice on the
preview the shadow image is not rounded. Not looked at this for a few weeks however so i may be able to do this easily.
-DONE

5) XEON Logo -DONE

6) About page - 50% DONE

7) Jukebox help page - 50% DONE

8) Redesigned SysInfo pages

9) Cast names & pics added to Move/Episode overlay

10) Episode/normal overlay tidying

11) Music overlay tidying

12) various other bug fixes.. -90% DONE

13) Backdrop auto-config system -DONE (Will be released with backdrop pack for instant setup)

14) Fix various dialog boxes - 20% DONE

Once all the above are complete, i will be happy and will release Smile
chrisdaniels Wrote:Thanks for the offer Batemann, but i can test both of those myself, however this is really xbox orientated, but will work just fine on a Windows box.

The offers of help have not been that forthcoming and real life has caught up with me big time due to getting a new g/friend, so unless someone can help out with this, the release is going to slip back a good few weeks/months.

Aw man, come on. A new girl is way more important than mediacenter software!!! ;-)
Joy In Repitition
Exactly hahaha Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xeon sneak preview (another Aeon mod) feedback wanted2