German Keyboard?
Question 
Hello!
I use XBMC on a USB Stick on DELL optiplex and it works fine. Big Grin
But i have one Problem. I'm german but the keyboard is QWERTY and the 'german umlaute' äöü lost. How can i change this to a QWERTZ?

In syslinux.cfg i have copy from ubuntu:

locale=de_DE bootkbd=de console-setup/layoutcode=de console-setup/variantcode=nodeadkeys initrd=/casper/initrd.gz

but nothing effect. Huh

Please help me...

THX Chappi

PS: Sorry for my really really bad english, but i hope you understand my problem... BlushBlushBlush
And russian too, PLS
Chappi Wrote:Hello!
I use XBMC on a USB Stick on DELL optiplex and it works fine. Big Grin
But i have one Problem. I'm german but the keyboard is QWERTY and the 'german umlaute' äöü lost. How can i change this to a QWERTZ?

In syslinux.cfg i have copy from ubuntu:

locale=de_DE bootkbd=de console-setup/layoutcode=de console-setup/variantcode=nodeadkeys initrd=/casper/initrd.gz

but nothing effect. Huh

Please help me...

THX Chappi

PS: Sorry for my really really bad english, but i hope you understand my problem... BlushBlushBlush

Do you have äöü on the surface?

Grusz!
Quote:Do you have äöü on the surface?
No! But thats not my problem. I can't write 'äöü' on my keyboard. The English-Surface at the Display is not essential. It's only a 'nice gimmick'. When i can adjust the keyboard to german - than i'm lucky...
maybe its easier to reinstall the the system with xubuntu + xbmc,
than getting full german language support!?!
You can change the keyboard settings in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Although a configuration for this at install would be better, please make a ticket for it and we`ll look into it until XBMC Live 9.04
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2
i mean internal xbmc keyboard
Quote:You can change the keyboard settings in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
YEAH - Thats it! I'm happy now. Thanks Topfs2!

Happy Christmas!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
German Keyboard?0