SVN 16585 Build Error
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1

I can provide more details (error log, etc) if requested.
Please follow the directions as per sticky in the linux forum.
Ahhh, sorry I didn't read that thread first. Blush Please act like this thread never happen.. Smile

Mods: you can remove this tread if you wish, no need to clutter the forum.
Ok, I give. I'm running into this problem as well. I've scowered the forums and ran through the wiki on compiling from SVN but I'm still getting a make error.

make: *** [xbmc.bin] Error 1

Fresh install of Ubuntu 8.10 with updates. Installed all dependencies. At rev 16877.

I'm sorry if I've totally missed the solution somewhere, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Ubuntu 8.10, Intel C2D E8400 @ 3GHz (stock), GIGABYTE GA-73PVM-S2H (nvidia 630i/7100) HDMI, On Board Video, 2Gig RAM, Generic MCE USB receiver
----------------------
Please follow the first link in my signature. You really haven't given any useful information yet.
I've been trying to build XBMC for linux on Ubuntu and can't get through the Make process without error.
  • Fresh install of Ubunut 8.10 with current updates and XBMC dependencies installed.
  • i686
  • SVN Rev: 16900 / Manual Build

Build Process
  1. sudo apt-get update
  2. sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc (also ran dependency install from README.linux file)
  3. Checkout latest SVN source (Rev. 16900)
  4. ./configure
  5. make

Make returns the following:
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/100696/

I've been round and round with trying to build XBMC and would like to try out the pulseaudio updates. I don't know if it's me, my box or just code in flux.

I did see this but unsure if it's related:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35779
Ubuntu 8.10, Intel C2D E8400 @ 3GHz (stock), GIGABYTE GA-73PVM-S2H (nvidia 630i/7100) HDMI, On Board Video, 2Gig RAM, Generic MCE USB receiver
----------------------
Yes, that thread is related.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Any solution on getting it to compile? I've previously tried installing bison (for yacc) as mentioned in the referenced post with no luck.
----------------------
You need that ylwrap file. You've installed all the packages in the README.linux?

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I've tried both "sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc" as well as the the install with all the dependencies listed individually.

These are my installed packages:
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/100766/
----------------------
Try following the README.linux in SVN.

I'm pretty sure that if you install "bison" it should work.

Do we need to make sure the build-dep xbmc command works with the latest xbmc Ubuntu dependencies?
Yeah, the packages I installed were from the SVN README.linux.

I also have bison installed.
bison/intrepid uptodate 1:2.3.dfsg-5
----------------------

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN 16585 Build Error0