remote configuration
Sorry but i search a tuto for install remote on live usb.

I have a philips SRM 5100, i put the lircd.conf and Lircmap.xml
When i try IRW, i see code , ex : 00000037ff0fbfa 02 5 philips_SRM5100 but when i try it on xbmc nothing happend.

What s wrong please ?

Please help me i want understand.
in fact the usb dongle of remote isn't detected. i have some errors with dmesg.

My motherboard is an MSI P6NGM-FD with nivdia 7100 (MCP73 chipset). If i removed dongle and then put it, it s detected and IRW give codes but nothing on xbmc...

this remote is ok on another computer, why ? what adding to work on live version Huh
the log of dmesg :
Code:
device descriptor read/64 error -62
device not accepting address 4 error -62
device not accepting address 5 error -62
device not accepting address 6 error -62
apparently a kernel known bug??

but if i remove it and then put it, it s detected it take port 7 and i can see it on lsusb command.

so after i can use it with lirc but not with xbmc. How can i "reload" xbmc to try ??
I need to modify grub menu/menu.lst but it doesnt exist on live version...

I want add usb-handoff parameter, i try on syslinux.cfg but doesn t works.

Please someone can help me?
If IRW is picking it up then XBMC should.
Read the stickies in linux forum, and search. This post in perticular http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=39183
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
thanks for answer but on usb key with live install works on another pc so . for my htpc motherboard is new and dongle is detected when remove and then plug

so i try to use "usb-handoff" at startup
There are 3 configuration files used in translating the IR signals received by your HTPC, to actual commands performed by XBMC in response to those signals.

/etc/lirc/lircd.conf translates the IR signals received to an user defined label. This file is very much hardware dependent. It will change depending on your IR receiver. I am using a Microsoft MCE remote (model: 1039) with an Antec Fusion Black LCD. I have the following entry in my lircd.conf for the DVD menu button on my MCE remote:

DVD_Menu 0x800F0424

"DVD_Menu" is a label which I created. So whenever I run irw, and I press the DVD menu button on my MCE remote, it sends out 0x800F0424, which lirc translates to "DVD_Menu", and echos the following to the terminal:

00000000800f0424 00 DVD_Menu mceusb

The 1st parameter is the signal received. The 2nd parameter is a counter for the number of times that command was received. So if I held down the DVD menu button on my MCE remote, irw would echo the following to the terminal:

00000000800f0424 00 DVD_Menu mceusb
00000000800f0424 01 DVD_Menu mceusb
00000000800f0424 02 DVD_Menu mceusb

If I release the DVD menu button, the counter would then reset to 00. The 3rd parameter is the label I created for that particular signal, "DVD_Menu." The last parameter is my IR receiver.

/usr/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml translates the user defined lirc labels in lircd.conf to ones XBMC understands. These labels are listed under "Remote Buttons" here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml. If you want to make changes to your Lircmap.xml, copy /usr/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml to /usr/share/xbmc/userdata/Lircmap.xml, and make the changes there. Following the previous example for the DVD menu button on my MCE remote, I have the following entry in my Lircmap.xml:

<lircmap>
<remote device="mceusb">
<menu>DVD_Menu</menu>
</remote>

The 1st parameter is <menu>, which is XBMC's name for the DVD menu button. The 2nd parameter is DVD_Menu, which is the label I defined for that IR signal in lircd.conf. This parameter MUST match that in lircd.conf! The last parameter </menu> is the same as the 1st.

/usr/share/xbmc/system/Keymap.xml specifies the actual XBMC command executed when a button is pressed. The commands are listed here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions, and under "Available actions" here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml. Following the previous example for the DVD menu button on my MCE remote, I have the following entry in my Keymap.xml:

<keymap>
<FullscreenVideo>
<remote>
<menu>XBMC.PlayerControl(ShowVideoMenu)</menu>
</remote>

The 1st parameter is <menu>, which is XBMC's name for the DVD menu button. The 2nd parameter is the XBMC command to show the DVD navigation menu. The last parameter </menu> is the same as the 1st.

So when I press the DVD menu button on my MCE remote, the video player will stop playing the DVD and show the DVD navigation menu.
thanks for answer but i tried and understand all of that. my problem is the no detection of my philips usb dongle by ubuntu...
Hey sfinxx1, i have the same remote - Philips SRM 5100.

When my system is booting i have to press the power button on the remote (while on pc mode) to almost kind of turn the IR receiver on before linux even gets to the grub menu loading screen.

If i don't do this the IR receiver/remote is un-responsive in xbmc and i have to reboot and make sure i turn it on next time.

Make sure the green light is lit before you get to grub loading screen screen.

I've got a new mobo here waiting for case so hopefully it might fix the problem. I currently have an Asus a7n8x-la generic thing.
Sad 
thanks for answer but the problem is no green led on dongle !
i try the power button on boot and then i have green led but always error on usb
so i must remove it and plug it !
after quit xbmc and then startx command -> then it s works

I don't understand why ??
solution see on ubuntu forum :

must run these commands at startup and why we must create a script.

a script in the / etc / init.d / giving any name to the file:
Code:

Code:
vi / etc / init.d / nom_fic

and put the following in this file:

Code:
Code:
#! / bin / sh
sudo rmmod ohci_hcd
sudo modprobe ohci-hcd no_handshake = 1

then grant the necessary permissions ...
Code:

Code:
chmod 755 nom_fic

then create logical that the script is launched at startup:

Code:
sudo ln-s / etc / init.d / nom_fic / etc/rcS.d/S99nom_fic

S99 to make it launched last.

USB2 devices operate without problem (key / USB disk) with the module ehci_hcd.

The problem is related to the "ohci_hcd" therefore USB 1.
After a little research, because USB does not occur surement is a bug caused by BIOS and the ACPI driver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote configuration0