38hz refresh rate in fullscreen ?????
Is there a specific hardware that runs xbmc smooth ?

First i tried AMD 690g integrated motherboard, but XBMC Live did not even started with it. Now i thought with nvidia i have more success but with this Mobo it is not working well.

I am not sure what to do now. Huh
Well i also have a nvidia 8400gs pci express card and xbmc works perfect with it. Unfortunatley my case is very slim so i cant use it anymore. If you have room in your case i would buy a cheap nvidia 8 series card, all problems will dissapear.

cheers
Yes i more and more having the oppinion that the problem could be the integrated graphics. Now i tried increasing my framebuffer size in BIOS.

Now i only get 19Hz in XBMC Shocked

I don't understand it at all.
Yeah i tried messing about in the bios as well but no luck. It seems that if you start xbmc in auto resolution then change to 1920x1080(fullscreen) you get 60hz no problem, but starting in 1920x1080(fullscreen) causes the hz dropp. Its wierd and really annoying, i have tried installing a full desktop but i get the same results. Problem is, using the 1080i fix you cant take advantage of the auto adjust refresh rate function. That requires a (fullscreen) resolution. What a pain in the arse. There is only a handfull of movies that cause me framedrops and judder but it annoys me all the same.:mad:

cheers
I think we can blame this on Nvidia with no propper Linux support for integrated graphics. I already tried the brand new beta 180.x driver with of course the same results.

It is really sad that i have to put a dedicated graphic card in my htpc to have it working under linux.
harryzimm Wrote:Yeah i tried messing about in the bios as well but no luck. It seems that if you start xbmc in auto resolution then change to 1920x1080(fullscreen) you get 60hz no problem, but starting in 1920x1080(fullscreen) causes the hz dropp. Its wierd and really annoying, i have tried installing a full desktop but i get the same results. Problem is, using the 1080i fix you cant take advantage of the auto adjust refresh rate function. That requires a (fullscreen) resolution. What a pain in the arse. There is only a handfull of movies that cause me framedrops and judder but it annoys me all the same.:mad:

cheers

I have exactly same problem. I configured window size to 1920x1080 and defined that KDE do not show borders in the XBMC program window. Now it looks like fullscreen mode. Now I am also able to move mouse to the other display. My solution is ugly but that is the way to get it work at the moment.
The newer 9000-series integrated shouls solve this, I hope Wink
I can confirm that on Nvidia 9400 integrated motherboards it works fine. I cahenged my 8300 Mobo to this and i have no problem now.
Do these new 9300/9400 igp cards work well with linux already?
They do, but i guess you need the newest ALSA to make HDMI audio work properly. Multichannel LPCM over HDMI is not supported yet. (But this is true i think for all existing LPCM solutions on the market (Radeon 4xxx series)
Any update here? I think exchanging Mainbaord CPU or simply the whole platform is not an option as the integrated 8xxx IGPs are capable of doing 1920x1080 at any refresh rate in 'normal' X.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
38hz refresh rate in fullscreen ?????0