need help programing MCE remote (LIRC?)
I have been reading through some LIRC documentation and I seem to be more lost now than when I started. My remote is working, but is not using several buttons:

I underlined the buttons with red that I would like to have a purpose or a new purpose. The only button that does anything right now that I underlined is the record button. have found several LIRC files on my computer so I am not sure witch one(s) I should be working with.

keyboard commands I would like to be able to perform with my remote:

<backslash> - Full Screen Toggle - of the middle buttons I would like the right button to do this.

<printscreen> = Screen Shot - of the 4 middle buttons I would like the left button to do this.

<C> - Context menu - I would like the record button to do this.

Thats the important stuff.

This one may be a new thread...
I would also like to make the power button on the remote more functional. Right now all it does is turn off xbmc when its open. I would like to get it to open xbmc too.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
With regards to your last part see the following thread, i see you're running 8.04 which i think is in your favour but i could be wrong it may not work without you having to do quite a bit.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32785

All this is on the presumption that you mean you want XBMC to open when your PC is in sleep or suspend mode.
my pc is actually never in sleep mode. I use a dual monitor set up. With might further complicate the power button issue.

My priority is getting these 3 working:

<backslash> - Full Screen Toggle - of the middle buttons I would like the right button to do this.

<printscreen> = Screen Shot - of the 4 middle buttons I would like the left button to do this.

<C> - Context menu - I would like the record button to do this.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
ok I have tried to follow this guide again: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=39183

I copied both files over like it said.

I edited keymap.xml I changed this line:
<record>Record</record>
to:
<record>ContextMenu</record>

I edited Lircmap.xml, I added this line under mceusb:
<contextmenu>Record</contextmenu>

I ran sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart in the terminal. I restarted xbmc. record does not do anything now. Can some one tell me where I went wrong?
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Do not change your Lircmap.xml. Please restore it to its original state.

I do not recommend remapping the left and right buttons, as doing so will screw up your XBMC navigation. But if you insist, make the following changes to your Keymap.xml. Replace

<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<left>Left</left>
<right>Right</right>
<record>Screenshot</record>
</remote>

with

<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<left>Screenshot</left>
<right>FullScreen</right>
<record>ContextMenu</record>
</remote>
Thanks, I think I made myself a bit confusing. My first task is to get the context menu working with my record button.

Then if possible I would like one of the 4 middle (underlined in red) buttons to take a screen shot and another to toggle full screen.

I think I can use what you have there though. I will report back.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
If you were editing your /home/user/.xbmc/usrdata/Lircmap.xml, just copy the original from /usr/share/xbmc/system/Lircmap.xml to restore it.

The change you already made to your /home/user/.xbmc/usrdata/Keymap.xml should be ok.
alright I got that one working. now I would like the button RecTV button to toggle full screen.

I played around with a few different combos and I could not get it working. right now I have changed my lircmap.xml and added the line <rectv>RecTV</rectv> under the <remote device="mceusb"> section.

I edited the my keymap.xml under the
<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
section and added <rectv>FullScreen</rectv>

I know I did something wrong.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
the four middle buttons underlined in red are from left to right: recordedtv, title, livetv, and menu. To make recordedtv toggle full screen, make the following change to your Lircmap.xml

<lircmap>
<remote device="mceusb">
<recordedtv>RecTV</recordedtv>
</remote>

Also make the following change to your Keymap.xml.

<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<recordedtv>FullScreen</recordedtv>
</remote>

Repeat for the Screenshot command.
Refer to my post in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42243.
thanks thats just what I needed.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need help programing MCE remote (LIRC?)1