Why is MP3 ID3 Tags Album Art not working for me?
Question 
Ok guys last night got around to playing with the music section of XBMC and noticed that it didnt load all the album art i have stored within my ID3 tags. Now i read the online manual and it says u need to have either folder.jpg or thumbnail.tbn now i was wondering is there anyway XBMC would be able to find the albumart stored within an ID3 tag and display that (i have way to many albums to get all the information) so i was wondering if there was a way? thanks in advance.
Yes assuming the tag is valid and the image is not corrupt. A debug log would probably be helpful here.
or even a sample file
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have the same thing happen to me, I have for years embedded the image into the id3 tag, and when I started to use xbmc found that it would not display the image. So I have been going back over my collection and putting the folder.jpg which has been kinda a pita.

When I get home I will try to put a sample file up so you can test.

Thanks
i can agree with devs that they actually show up if nothing is broken.

try this file. it's one of my never-used tracks where i've just embedded a picture. i opened it within xbmc by browsing in file mode and it displayed the cover at once.

if it works for you: i have used mp3tag to insert the picture.
cheers,azido :;):

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is MP3 ID3 Tags Album Art not working for me?0