XBMC Online Manual in PDF - Work In Progress
Hello everyone, first of all I'm gonna make some background !

I've been using XBMC for a while, love it of course. Got some problem and just asked in this forum and got help fast.

I get all this for free, so I thought about what I can do to give something back.
And a request that seems to be popular is the online manual in a offline portable format, like PDF. So I've started a new project to convert the wiki to PDF.

I've just started and you can look at the sample and make some comments and requests. It maybe gonna take some time to do the hole manual, but hang in there.

And yes, my english suck.

Download the sample of Introduction here - http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=PAQHIY53
Arias Wrote:Hello everyone, first of all I'm gonna make some background !

I've been using XBMC for a while, love it of course. Got some problem and just asked in this forum and got help fast.

I get all this for free, so I thought about what I can do to give something back.
And a request that seems to be popular is the online manual in a offline portable format, like PDF. So I've started a new project to convert the wiki to PDF.

I've just started and you can look at the sample and make some comments and requests. It maybe gonna take some time to do the hole manual, but hang in there.

And yes, my english suck.

Download the sample of Introduction here - http://www.megaupload.com

/

Or you could just download a complete one fromhttp://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=cfea3...952dde4a38:cool:
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
anyone have a link that works
pretty old post, guess the manual is a bit outdated already
rajjan Wrote:I've just started and you can look at the sample and make some advice.

**snip spam link**

It wouldn't have been so obvious that you're a spammer if you didn't title your link "coupons".
Anyone have a PDF of the full manual for this puppy? Or even a cool wget to ghostscript to pdf that would be fine as well.....just wondering for my father (he's 73 and doesn't have a pc where his xbox is yet...)Sad
lewis.donofrio Wrote:Anyone have a PDF of the full manual for this puppy? Or even a cool wget to ghostscript to pdf that would be fine as well.....just wondering for my father (he's 73 and doesn't have a pc where his xbox is yet...)Sad

bump?
I'll be happy to give this one a go if there are people needing it. I've given away several XBMCs and most of the folks I've given them to aren't computer experts by any means.
yes I'd still like one of these - my father is 73 and a friend of mine is 50 so a pdf manual would be great...
any hope?
Yes, indeed. I'll need to figure out how to get at the overall text as a file or series of files (wouldn't be practical to cut and paste the entire thing, I think). I have a tool which can help me build a PDF and or an HTML help file.
seems like a fair idea however the wiki is not to be taken as gospel it contains errors and is incomplete and documentations of miscellaneous how to's are way way incomplete.

Personally I found for any specific machine proper setup that a combination of the wiki + Googling generally + forums search was the way to go.

Im glad you always found your answers quickly here, if I don't go out and find the answers myself and post my findings for others noone knows or cares to help if they do know, mostly I get rubbish offtopic stuff.

Good on ya maybe your pdf will be more complete. I specifically need a complete how to with the Moblin image creator 2 the one posted is way too old incomplete and not used anymore for more current distributions.
Yes, I've already done much of the cut&paste, now I've got to convert some graphics links to images and paste them in so that the document will be portable without an internet connection.

I'm not real happy with some of the in-depth info contained in the wiki; I think it'll be too deep for many XBMC users, and so I'm waffling between building an entire new section to paste into the beginning for the casual user, then follow it up with the rest of the wiki. With most of the wiki included, it's about 150 pages and growing, though.

Even with four pages per double-sided sheet, it's big and would be hard for a 73 yr old to read comfortably.

jim
I could use a manual online or off, some help plz!
Thankls
Besides the official online manual?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Online Manual in PDF - Work In Progress0