enter virtual directory without adding to hierarchy
Is there a way to make a virtual directory that doesn't add to the hierarchy?

So I have

Folder A (listings : Folder A1 Folder B1 Folder C1)
--Folder B1 (listings Genre A, Genre B, Genre C)
----Genre A (listings Genre B, Genre C, movie 1, movie 2, movie 3...)

now, if from Genre A, I open genre B & then click on genre A again, then C I get this stupid heirchy:

----Genre A (listings Genre B, Genre C, movie 1, movie 2, movie 3...)
------Genre B (listings Genre A, Genre C, movie 1, movie 2, movie 3...)
--------Genre A (listings Genre B, Genre C, movie 1, movie 2, movie 3...)
----------Genre C (listings Genre A, Genre B, movie 1, movie 2, movie 3...)

when I really want is:

----Genre C (listings Genre A, Genre B, movie 1, movie 2, movie 3...)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
You wouldn`t be fixing that hulu library thing, by any chance-RW ?
Are the URL's you are passing it got more heirachy at all? I don't believe we have anything in place to check whether the user is going up the heirachy at all in the history stuff.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Are the URL's you are passing it got more heirachy at all? I don't believe we have anything in place to check whether the user is going up the heirachy at all in the history stuff.

Not in this instance, no. 'Genre X' should be the top of the heirchy.
Instead of entering a new directory, I would rather replace the one I'm currently in.

Kind of like ActivateWindow() vs ReplaceWindow()

come to think of it... I probably could just use ReplaceWindow(plugin://...) right? Oh well I'll try it out next time I already deleted this part of the code.

Voinage Wrote:You wouldn`t be fixing that hulu library thing, by any chance-RW ?

yeah, I'm trying too. probably ~ 90% done.

but I decided to not worry about this, I got some weird bug that cropped up all the sudden

edit - yeah, so about that weird bug, that was my HDD dieing. and of course I haven't committed anything useful to SVN, so take that 90% and put it back to ~5-10%

sigh... everything was soo good too Sad
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
there is certainly support for replacing the stuff in the current listing. i distinctly remember writing code for it which was replaced by better code
in the endOfDirectory() call, try updateListing=True or updateListing=False, don't remember which one it was, but it "disabled" the history and .. will go up to the "last known" folder.
doze Wrote:in the endOfDirectory() call, try updateListing=True or updateListing=False, don't remember which one it was, but it "disabled" the history and .. will go up to the "last known" folder.

This works fine, where did you find it?

I looked in the source browser in trac at xbmcplugin.cpp but didn't see it mentioned?

doze Wrote:in the endOfDirectory() call, try updateListing=True or updateListing=False, don't remember which one it was, but it "disabled" the history and .. will go up to the "last known" folder.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

It works very well :-), I am a newbie and I had been searching for something to update a list in a plugin, and I found complicated things to me :-), as Container.Refresh and another things that I could not make to work... but this works and It is so simple!!!!!!!!!!

Great!!!!

I am sorry I know that this is an old post.... but I am so happy...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
enter virtual directory without adding to hierarchy0