Google Code Plugin
Hi All,

Sorry if this now seems a little redundant, what with Voinage's one plugin to rule them all.

As more + more people are hosting on Poogle code I thought it might be useful to have a way to get those plugins into the xbmc in a simple + consistent way. To facilitate this I made this plugin that looks at a few users who have xbmc content, I basically did a quick search on the forum and added all the users I could see. I will try and update this list or better still find a wiki way of updating + reading it.

When you run the plugin it lists the users from the users.dat file in the resources folder under the main plugin directory. For each user you can then list the plugins/scripts they have available + then install them. The plugin takes you through installing, asking the type of download and for plugins the type of plugin. When you have gone through the prompts it copies the file to the appropriate location.

There are a couple of settings you can use, having the description of the file rather than the name and only showing featured items. These are set in the usual way from the plugin settings item on the menu.

There is also a script that is associated with the plugin called GoogleChecker that simply counts the number of new files for each user since it was last run. It uses the same user list if it is available so if you make a change to that one it will check any new users.

I was a bit dense creating these scripts and didn't notice you can get a feed with all the useful data about the googlecode downloads so the check only sees the updates on or after today so you will keep seeing that there are updates every check of the day not just the first. I will look into fixing this but I thought I would try + get something out the door.

Anyway I hope this is useful to some people, it might just turn into a vanity project for letting people know that I have a new script or plugin coming out but hopefully it should pick up changes to Voinage's Unified plugin. Although that is so masterfully complex that it probably does it itself.

Plugin: http://sico99xbmcstuff.googlecode.com/fi...leCode.zip
Checking Script: http://sico99xbmcstuff.googlecode.com/fi...hecker.zip

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Code Plugin0