Various XBMC ATV issues....
I have the following problems with XBMC on ATV:

1. Screen Settings are not saved when I exit and then relaunch XBMC (The skin and basic resolution are fine, but not offsets)?

2. For some reason my TV show subfolders are not getting scanned and therefore no episodes are listed? I used XBMC Media Companion to creat nfo, tbn and fanart in the folder for each show which is picked up, but the subfolders with contain the shows (e.g. 24.S01E01) are not? I know my shows are named correctly as I wasn't having this problem until I did a factory restore and used XBMC Media Companion. Maybe I have inadvertently missed an option somewhere, but I think I have tried everything?

3. Has the issues to HDMI handshake been resolved? If I remain in XBMC on ATV and switch to another source (thorugh my Onkyo 705 amp), the swicth back, blank screen, doesn't happen for native ATV.

4. Is there a way to get XBMC to be the default app, i.e. loaded at power on for the ATV (obvioulsy on top of ATV OSX)?

FYI: Running ATV 2.3, XBMC 8.10 Atlantis
1. known bug, will be fixed with next release or use:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40536&page=4 post#37

2. As far as I remember, when you add the source, you have to change a setting that says "scan folder recursively" or something like that

3. no idea

4. Davilla is working on that.
Ah, I thought I was the only on with issue #3.. haven't seen too many forum posts about it but if anyone had info that'd be fantastic.

Do you have any issues with tearing? Switching back from component to HDMI helped a bunch but now I am dealing with the handshake issues.

Ah whoa.. Davilla you rock (just found this post by you....)

"know issue with HDMI and XBMCLauncher. Will be fixed in the next release. "

This in reference to the HDMI handshake issues that we're both having issues with.. sweet! I'll keep a lookout for that release.. rebooting is no fun!
LOL, even better

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42168

post 42 claims it's safe to use on 2.2 (first post says it's not OK).

Trying it now..
Latest update...

So Launcher 2.2 (I also have installed XBMC Atlantis 8.10 bf1), has fixed/addressed 1, 3 & 4 Smile

For 2, I couldn't work out how to get XBMC to scan the season subfolders once Media Companion had created entries in the show folder - I just removed them and let XBMC get all the content (I was really only interested in using Media Companion for Movies anyway, XBMC seems to be fairly accurate for shows but often way off for movies).

Nearly ready to let the wife use XBMC on ATV for the ultimate acceptance factor (she has low tolerance for devices that aren't intuitive and work 100%) - I just need to get appropriate setup for my Logitech Harmony remote.

Regards (and Happy New Year)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Various XBMC ATV issues....0