Odd playing local DVD files
Question 
Okay, have found something odd - on a new system just built running Intrepid 8.1 I am using a portable USB drive to store movies. For some reason some movies do not play properly - Night at the Museum in a VOB/IFO format is the most obvious example so far. When I select play it jumps into the middle of the movie playing the Director's narrated sound track! Thinking it must have been the rip I tried playing the original copy via the network on my machine - it played perfectly menus and all! Puzzled I tried playing the same exact file via Boxee which is based on XBMC - played fine. So far the girlfriend has found a couple of movies that do this but cannot recall the names but this one in particular is repeatable for me - copying it to host drive produces same results. The revision is 16638. Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
i saw something similar when converting a dvd to mpeg using vob2mpg. when converting directly from a disk it would start half way through etc like you got. if i ripped the disk with dvdshrink and then ran vob2mpg on the files on the hard drive it was fine.
These were ripped with DVDShrink. They play badly on one machine that has them local via a USB drive but play perfectly fine across the network on a different XBMC install - both machines are kept up to date via SVN. The one that has issues is able to play the SAME files via Boxee...
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Would be nice if you could hook up a little sample to play with. Btw.. all my VOB/IFO dvdfolders are playing fine here.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odd playing local DVD files0