rev 16680 plays killa sample reasonably on 1.8GHz Intel, rev's before and after don't
Using rev. 16680 I can play the killa sample pretty well, it only drops between 0 and 10 frames when starting, then doesn't drop anymore frames and has only very minor hickups.

Before (previous revision I tried was 16646) it dropped >110 frames, had lot's of slowdowns and was basically unwatchable.

I just tried rev. 16709 and the killa sample plays as before, >110 frames dropped, lot's of slowdowns.

I run Windows XP on an Intel T5600 @ 1.83GHz (Macbook), 2GB ram, desktop resolution is 1280x800

"High Quality Software Upscaling" in videos settings is disabled
"Adjust refresh rate" is off
"Vertical Blanc Sync" is always enabled
"Resolution" is set to auto
"Interlaced handling" in OSD is off
"Video scaling method" in OSD is set to bilinear
I'm using the Mediastream skin
I just tried the killa sample on rev 16680 with a amd x2 5600 @3ghz. It seems that revision was unable to drop frames which killed the framerate. Its not that it plays better, it just looks like that because it cant drop frames like it should. Take a look at the fps it should be 24. On my system it dropps to to a minimum of 16fps averages around 20fps. What fps do you get?

cheers
harryzimm Wrote:I just tried the killa sample on rev 16680 with a amd x2 5600 @3ghz. It seems that revision was unable to drop frames which killed the framerate. Its not that it plays better, it just looks like that because it cant drop frames like it should. Take a look at the fps it should be 24. On my system it dropps to to a minimum of 16fps averages around 20fps. What fps do you get?

cheers

On rev 16680 the framerate drops to as low as 16, so that explains. To me that actually looks better than what happens with the other revisions: those will slow down and speed up to try and catch up which doesn't look so well.
Like always I'll just wait and see how it progresses Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
rev 16680 plays killa sample reasonably on 1.8GHz Intel, rev's before and after don't0