Aeon Clock Cut Off
I am running Aeon and no mater what resolution I run the date/clock bar text gets cut off because the text is too long.

Today it says "Wednesday, December 24, 2008 | 1..."

Any clue on how to fix this?
Same issue here.
its a know issue .. update for now to horizon (which is the latest mod of aeon14) and this will still be cut off but it scrolls at least Wink
I think that you can solve this problem by selecting "Central europe" as region (in the screen menu). With this setting, the clock will display 20:18 instead of 08:18 PM which take more place.

Regards,

Eric
Is there a way to format instead to show "Wednesday, Dec 24, 2008 | 12:42pm" instead?
I think that the easiest way to do this would be for you to edit the name of the months in the language file (XBMC\language\English\strings.xml)

Regards,

Eric
I too noticed this back on a Wednesday in September (yeah, quite longWink).

Anyway, I ended up editing a few includes in the includes.xml to extend the timepanel farther to the left and to have the text field accommodate more characters.

If there is interest, I can give details of what changes I made (nothing fancy, replacing 34 numbers). Or I suppose I can even give out the modified xml.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.
jjblues12, share with us. thanks.
Below is a section of the XML code that I feel gives a good representation of the changes I made - let me know if it doesn't. This code exists in 720p/includes.xml; I have indicated the changes I made with the larger font.

The first two includes here are for the text area, expanded to hold more characters. The last section is the start of a large include holding 12 controls for the timepanel image (animation). I've only shown the first control here to shorten the code length in this post.

Code:
<!-- This code originally written by djh_.
It was very slightly modified for personal use by jjblues12
and is being shared with the group for reference and
problem solving purposes. -->
<include name="timeformat">
        <posx>907</posx>
        <posy>9</posy>
        <width>[size=large]400[/size]</width>
        <font>fruity21</font>
        <align>right</align>
        <textcolor>d0ffffff</textcolor>
</include>

<include name="timeformat2">
        <posx>1262</posx>
        <posy>9</posy>
        <width>[size=large]400[/size]</width>
        <font>fruity21</font>
        <align>right</align>
        <textcolor>d0ffffff</textcolor>
</include>

<include name="time">
    <control type="image">
        <posx>[size=large]835[/size]</posx>
        <posy>0</posy>
        <width>[size=large]500[/size]</width>
        <height>52</height>
        <texture>timepanel.png</texture>
        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(timepanel) | Skin.HasSetting(weatherpanel)</visible>
        <animation effect="slide" start="[size=large]500[/size],0" end="0,0" time="150" condition="!Window.IsActive(56) + !Window.Previous(56) + !Window.IsActive(12) + !Window.Previous(12) + !Window.IsActive(13) + !Window.Previous(13) + !Window.IsActive(14) + !Window.Previous(14) + !Window.IsActive(15) + !Window.Previous(15) + !Window.IsActive(16) + !Window.Previous(16) + !Window.IsActive(17) + !Window.Previous(17) + !Window.IsActive(18) + !Window.Previous(18) + !Window.IsActive(19) + !Window.Previous(19) + !Window.IsActive(3) + !Window.Previous(3)">WindowOpen</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="[size=large]500[/size],0" time="150" condition="!Window.IsActive(56) + !Window.Next(56) + !Window.Next(3) + !Window.IsActive(12) + !Window.Next(12) + !Window.IsActive(13) + !Window.Next(13) + !Window.IsActive(14) + !Window.Next(14) + !Window.IsActive(15) + !Window.Next(15) + !Window.IsActive(16) + !Window.Next(16) + !Window.IsActive(17) + !Window.Next(17) + !Window.IsActive(18) + !Window.Next(18) + !Window.IsActive(19) + !Window.Next(19) + !Window.IsActive(3)">WindowClose</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="[size=large]500[/size],0" time="150" condition="[Window.IsActive(24) | Window.IsActive(25) | Window.IsActive(501) | Window.IsActive(502)] + [[Control.IsVisible(57) + !Control.HasFocus(57)] | [Control.IsVisible(58) + !Control.HasFocus(58)] | [Control.IsVisible(59) + !Control.HasFocus(59)]]">Conditional</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="[size=large]500[/size],0" time="150" condition="Control.IsVisible(51) + [[Container(51).Column(6) + Container(51).Row(0)] | [Container(51).Column(7) + Container(51).Row(0)] | [Container(51).Column(8) + Container(51).Row(0)] | [Container(51).Column(6) + Container(51).Row(1)] | [Container(51).Column(7) + Container(51).Row(1)] | [Container(51).Column(8) + Container(51).Row(1)]]">Conditional</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="[size=large]500[/size],0" time="150" delay="2000" condition="Control.IsVisible(51) + [[Container(51).Column(4) + Container(51).Row(0)] | [Container(51).Column(4) + Container(51).Row(1)]]"></animation>
    </control>

There are 11 more controls in the "time" includes that will require changing every 410 to 500 (a total of 25 changes in addition to those shown above).

For reference, here is a download link for the complete Includes.xml:
http://www.mediafire.com/?rmmdybjdbut

Disclaimer: This Includes.xml file works with my current Aeon configuration and various other customizations I have made. To ensure minimal disruption to your skin, I suggest making the specified changes manually with the provided code as a reference.

Clearly, this modification just stretches the graphics already provided in the Aeon skin. The timepanel.png texture is horizontally stretched a bit, but I personally can't see the distortion on my xbox with 720p output. Your mileage may vary depending on your environment.

Enjoy,
-James

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Clock Cut Off0