Some folder.jpg's not showing up??
I want to select my own thumbnail for artists in my music collection. Every album has a folder.jpg.

What's weird is that when I go in to manually select a thumb, some of the folder.jpg's show up... and others don't. So basically I can set a thumb for some of my artists, but not for others.

Are there size restrictions I'm now aware of? The file size themselves are all about the same 5k ish. Some of them are different in dimension though (e.g. 200x200 vs. 400x400).

fwiw... i'm accessing these files over a LAN. not having any issues accessing the music itself and, like i said, i can see some of the folder.jpg files, so i'm guessing this isn't the issue.

Sorry for the noob question. Searched but didn't find anything that really answered the question.

Thanks!
It could be file permissions problems.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Which Version of XBMC are you using? Newer SVN-Builds seem to have a bug when it comes to the coverart-feature. I downgraded to the official Atlantis build and it works fine again.
HGBaum Wrote:Which Version of XBMC are you using? Newer SVN-Builds seem to have a bug when it comes to the coverart-feature. I downgraded to the official Atlantis build and it works fine again.

Whats the _bug: about? If you want it to be fixed you will have to supply more information.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I've allready posted this on the SVN-Thread. There are some users who reportet that coverart isn't working correctly in the x.5xx Versions, newer Versions I didn't test.
In my case i've deleted my whole profile-directory and let XBMC build a new one at the next start, since some newer folder.jpgs have been ignored. But in the new profile no coverart has been shown at all, niether in the music section nor in the movies section. Only the dummy-picture "no cover" was shown.
I downgraded to the official build an let xbmc rebuild the profile once more and then everything worked fine. Perhaps in the newest SVN-builds (x.7xx) this has been fixed, but testing them is too risky for me. Confused
i'm using the official build... i just downloaded it on wednesday from the main download page.

permissions on the files that do show appear to be the same as the ones that don't.
hgbaum; learn to spell. see, X B M C vs P L E X. huge difference! go to their forums with their bugs. there is no such thing as 0.5.xx vs 0.7.xx in xbmc.
spiff Wrote:hgbaum; learn to spell. see, X B M C vs P L E X. huge difference! go to their forums with their bugs. there is no such thing as 0.5.xx vs 0.7.xx in xbmc.

spiff, learn to read. I wrote x.5xx and x.7xx meaning something like 16.551 or 16.714. Rolleyes
fixed it!!!

up here on the laptop, i couldn't tell that the folder.jpg files on the box downstairs were set at hidden (not sure how they got that way in the first place so i didn't think to check). anyway, a trip down to the basement to the server revealed that quite a few of the files were set as hidden.

a quick attrib command later and all is set!

thanks gents for the help.
Hmm, can you run a test for us? In Settings->Appearance->View Options there is a "show hidden files and directories" option. Turn it on, and then try again with a folder.jpg with hidden attributes set.

Ideally the thumb stuff should ignore this option. It should only affect listings, but it appears as if it's affecting everything?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Hmm, can you run a test for us? In Settings->Appearance->View Options there is a "show hidden files and directories" option. Turn it on, and then try again with a folder.jpg with hidden attributes set.

Ideally the thumb stuff should ignore this option. It should only affect listings, but it appears as if it's affecting everything?

Cheers,
Jonathan

I tried build 16551 and 16537. I do not have hidden files, but I would say that problem with thumbnails, either as folder.jpg or filname.tmb exists - even if I manually assign them. Fanart is shown as black image in one of those build, the other shows it fine. Not sure in which one, because I downgraded to 16306.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some folder.jpg's not showing up??0