[AppleTV] Launcher 2.1 released
any news on y the press+hold menu does not work anymore? all the other press+hold buttons are working apart from this one? maybe the id has changed? any help would be appreciated... does anyone else experiencing this?
davilla Wrote:Launcher -> Settings -> Use Universal Mode = NO

In Universal Mode, a "menu hold" is the beginning of an IR sequence. Turn Universal Mode off will restore the previous behavior under pre-r2.3.

Why this is not effecting r2.3 is being looked into.

Thank you, this fixed the menu+hold problem. I had reverted back to the old launcher but I'm back using 2.1 now with no problems.
tyche Wrote:Thank you, this fixed the menu+hold problem. I had reverted back to the old launcher but I'm back using 2.1 now with no problems.

That's a temporary fix, there's a real fix in svn now and a new release pending.
Hi I am glad not to be the only one.

I used to have Atlantis 8.10 with launcher 0.8 on my ATV 2.2. I upgraded to 8.10bf1 and launcher 2.1, and now I have no access to the "Context Menu" by press+hold menu button on my ATV remote control as it used to do before. Now it never shows any menu by doing this no matter where in XBMC I am.

Can anyone give me some help on this? It is really anoying not to be able to correct, delete or make any of the changes that submenues use to give.

Thanks a lot and keep XBMC which is a superb media center software.
I am sorry for my last post, when I did it I was not aware that this thread had to pages and the answer for my problem was on pg2. I changed the Launcher>Settings>Universal Mode to Off and now press+hold menu button works as it used to do.

Thanks a lot.
hey guys

just wanted to chime in

running 2.2 just updated the launcher to 2.1 ..context menu dissappeared...after turning universal mode off menu reappeared
hey i just realized after this update when i launch boxee (latest build) that my remote doesnt work in it..just sits there - the clock in boxee is in real time and updates so its not stalling just no control over it

any ideas?

tried it with both universal mode on/off and same thing in both scenarios
ravidium Wrote:hey guys

just wanted to chime in

running 2.2 just updated the launcher to 2.1 ..context menu dissappeared...after turning universal mode off menu reappeared

helps to read the entire thread, know issue and solution Smile
I have loaded the new launcher and I have an issue (not sure if it is launcher related) I have my atv connected to a HDMI switch that is connected to my TV. when I switch from ATV to something else on the HDMI switch upon returning to the ATV the screen is black but I can hear the sound.

This only happens in XBMC not when I am running standard ATV software.
New issue from what I can see:
When I boot directly into XBMC my wireless doesn't connect properly. If I exit back into frontrow and then back into XBMC it works.
brentonmac Wrote:New issue from what I can see:
When I boot directly into XBMC my wireless doesn't connect properly. If I exit back into frontrow and then back into XBMC it works.

ok, heard a hit of this on the boxee forum, so must be real Smile. Adding to the list of issues.
olrac Wrote:I have loaded the new launcher and I have an issue (not sure if it is launcher related) I have my atv connected to a HDMI switch that is connected to my TV. when I switch from ATV to something else on the HDMI switch upon returning to the ATV the screen is black but I can hear the sound.

This only happens in XBMC not when I am running standard ATV software.

Same problem here with the ATV hooked up to a Denon reciever
devros Wrote:Same problem here with the ATV hooked up to a Denon reciever

versions people, versions. need to include the atv os version or I have no clue which of the six possible versions you are running under.
davilla Wrote:versions people, versions. need to include the atv os version or I have no clue which of the six possible versions you are running under.

ATV 2.3
XBMC 8.10 (or whatever is the latest)
Launcher 2.1

I have only just connected the ATV through HDMI so this may have been an issue prior to the 2.1 launcher.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Launcher 2.1 released0