Frame skips BOTH on ATV and an Athlon 5000+ box...
Hi there. I'm first time user of XBMC and am REALLY amused by its power! Having over 50 combinations of film formats, I haven't found one yet that cannot be played by it! AWESOME work!

I've installed it on ATV first, and see, it plays well even 1080p mpegs! (the display is 720p, and it downscales well). Of course, VC1 and h.264 files are slow and skipping frames, due to 1-GHz celeron. And this is being done over WiFi!!!

But.

Today I've set up a fresh windoze on an Athlon 5000+ (AMD780G/Radeon3200) with 2 gigs of good RAM and a SATA drive. It's connected to my NAS via 100-mbit ethernet. And.... all the lags are the same. Exactly the same as on ATV toy! From time to time XBMC skips 10-20 frames, some sound, and then does well for a minute or a half. According to task manager, I have quite a bit free RAM, and CPU load is no more than 75%. When I used WinMCE on this machine, with CCCP pack, the CPU was loaded up to 98% but playback was absolutely smooth!

I must have messed something? All the drivers (and OS updates) are latest, so is XBMC release. Tried downscaling to 720p (the TV is 1080p over HDMI) but this doesn't help at all.

Thank you for possible answers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frame skips BOTH on ATV and an Athlon 5000+ box...0