Itunes closes when I want to sync atv.
I have the some problem as mentioned by another Atv user:

"updated itunes and apple TV yesterday to latest software.
Now when I have both itunes (PC) and apple TV on and running and they try to sync I get a message that itunes has to close down.

Have tried starting them up in different order etc etc.
Have been looking through posts and understand there is a problem with latest update but is this fixable? Both are hard wired to router."

Post: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa...=0#8700883

Don't now if this user is using xbmc.

But could it be related to xbmc? Because I'am not complete sure that it has something to do with the lateste itunes verison.
I did a complete restore on the atv.
atv 2.2 reinstalled xmbc.

First time I connected the atv to my pc everthing went ok. But now the problem is back.

Are there other people here with the same problem.
In answer to my own question:

For people with the same problem I wrote a little tutorial:

(many thanks to other people on different sites)

How to ga back from itunes 8.02.20 to to 8.01 without loosing your Itunes settings and without resyncing atv.

First of all I'am on a pc (don't Know about mac)

Don' have your atv connected to your pc (turn in off)

On your pc go to your itunes library folder (mostly my documents/music/Itunes

Rename Itunes folder to something else (expl: Ituned) maybe i'ts this is not needed but I'am not sure if you complete uninstall itunes it wil remove de intunes folder (so just to be sure). Als recomened to make a complet copy of the folder.

Uninstall Itunes (and all the realted stuff: quicktime, software update, bonjour etc)

Restart the pc.

Install itunes 8.01 http://www.oldapps.com/download.php?...es801Setup.exe

After install do not start itunes when asked (close install)

Hold down shift and press the itunes start link on your desktop.

After a while you be ask to choose a library: Browse to your library in my case: open Ituned folder and select library file.

Your old library is visible. Now turn on your atv, it will now be syncing only new items who were not on the atv before.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Itunes closes when I want to sync atv.0