XBMC and iMon remote and lcd
Hello everyone,
I am having an HTPC in an Antec Fusion case which included the iMon LCD and remote control.
after trying out several software to run my htpc I ended up with XBMC being the bvest solution for me except for one thing.
TheC isn't working at all with XBMC, no display of a song or like that. No reaction at all.
Tehe remote control is alright as I could configure myself except for the shortkey buttons like "Videos", "Music" etc.
I am running XP Prof 32bit.
Any help on the LCD and remote issue is hnighly appreciated!!
Thanks a lot in advance for your help!
ciao
You're pretty much doomed with the LCD, but that one is crap anyway. The iMon you can configure to use keyboard shortcuts for xbmc via the iMon setup program.

I did that and it works ok.
I have the same setup, and I got my remote (MCE, later Logitech Harmony 525) to work fine with the Antec IR eye.

The VFD (I have the Fusion Black), is hard to (con)figure out, and the brightness & contrast is of too poor quality to really bother about it. I set it to show the time, and to show a visual feedback of the button pressed on the remote.

So it's a 'good for nothing' display Sad
@Meuk, i'd love to know how you got the display to work. I haven't been able to get it to work at all so far. Do you remember where you found the setup instructions?
Viewsonic N4285P, ASUS P5N7A-VM, Intel E8500, Mushkin PC28500 2x2GB, Antec Fusion Black 430, Logitech DiNovo Mini, Patriot X-Mini 8GB
Working: 1080p, hdmi audio
Partial: Logitech DiNovo Mini needs 'sudo rmmod usbhid;sudo modprobe usbhid' after boot to make cursor work
Not working: IMON display
Download the latest iMon software and install it. Make sure you have the LCD connected to USB port properly. Once it's connected to the USB port it should start to illuminate at the first startup and after the software is installed you can select the if you want it to turn off with the PC.

Default the LCD show pressed jey on the remote, it's only in supported programs like Windows Media Center and the Imons meda player it will show some useful info. I honestly though when I bought the case that I would get a 2x20 display and not this crap.

It's not Antec quality at all
I too have the iMon lcd, its very disappointing!

But i did have a play with a program called LCD Smartie, which (after quite a struggle) displays useful information. But it does not work now for some reason (driver issue i think)

I now have the display turned off all the time because i got sick of the useless information that was displayed some of the time!

Best of luck with it, and if you have any joy please let us know as it would be excellent news!
JackHugo Wrote:except for the shortkey buttons like "Videos", "Music" etc.

you can customize the keymap.xml like this, in the keyboard section :

<v>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</v>
<e>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</e>
<o>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPictures)</o>

Then in the imon software, for xbmc just map the v, e and o keys (or any key you chose to use in the keymap.xml) to the button you want to use.
I feel your pain. I had grand dreams of listening to music, with the oscilloscope and song name scrolling on the display. And watching movies with the movie duration and title displayed on the LCD. Oh well, I guess I'll just display the time.

Please post here if you make any progress.
Hi,

I havent finished setting up my HTPC yet but these articles may be of some help

Antec Fusion Remote Case LCD & Remote - How to get it to work?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=41532

Antec Fusion (Silver) LCD/VFD Characters
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=247982

Let me know how you go ... and if you make any further progress ...

Cheers
X
I am just using the driver the Antec case came with... not the soundmon one.

I concur that the LCD is a pile... all mine will do is scroll how much ram I have, CPU and other crap. WOW. Like I need to be reminded.
i really want to get the LCD working with XBMC.
does no one know how to do this?
mediaportal had/has someone from soundgraph working with them. http://www.team-mediaportal.com/blogs/te...ation.html

my lcd display isn't doing anything useful either but it doesn't bother me...useless anyway ;p.
I wonder why in XBMC i can't display the equalizer in the IMon VFD display. With Mediaportal always worked ok (configuring only one plugin).

Somebody here can view the equalizer in the VFD, running XBMC?
firefist235 Wrote:i really want to get the LCD working with XBMC.
does no one know how to do this?

I have the Antec case with the iMon and mine works. I didn't do anything other than install the software. The problem is that the remote has a crappy range, over about seven feet and it's useless. My Universal Remote Control remote is IR and has a range of 65 feet.

I don't know about the comments from others that the LCD is hard to read. The default letters are 1/2" tall on mine and you can change the font and make it even larger. The contrast is ok too but I think I'm going to go with something like this to control my XBMC:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product
TE5LA Wrote:I didn't do anything other than install the software.
The imon manager and xbmc? Or did you install something else?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and iMon remote and lcd0