Clean Library - Question/Improvement
Haven't played with Clean Library option that much, but what exactly does Clean Library cleans?

Recently I have been trying to upgrade my TV Show collection with some 720p and 1080p content. Where old files generally where with AVI extension.

New files are .TS .MKV and .MP4 extension. Library picks them up and scans the content. File when you try to play it doesn't.

I'm under assumptions that it still trying to link to old .AVI.

Only current fix I found is to remove the entire TV Show, and let it re-add it in entirely.

Could Clean Library in current shape check if the file in library is still there or if it is missing?
nekrosoft13 Wrote:Could Clean Library in current shape check if the file in library is still there or if it is missing?

Thats exactly what it does. And your assumtion is also right, that the DB still points at the .avi File which isn't there. But if the new files have been found correctly you should see the film twice in your DB!?

But be careful when cleaning the DB, if you have mounted some Directories via SMB. These have to be present when cleaning! Otherwise their content will be "cleaned" as well.
HGBaum Wrote:Thats exactly what it does. And your assumtion is also right, that the DB still points at the .avi File which isn't there. But if the new files have been found correctly you should see the film twice in your DB!?

But be careful when cleaning the DB, if you have mounted some Directories via SMB. These have to be present when cleaning! Otherwise their content will be "cleaned" as well.

for each of those files that are "duplicate" it only shows a single entry in DB under the seasons view.

thanks for confirming the "clean library" function will have to start using that

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean Library - Question/Improvement0