HomeControl - Homeseer Home Automation Control Script for XBMC
Thumbs Up 
A few times lately I've been asked for this link so I'm posting it again here.

This is no longer "supported", I rarely use it anymore.

If you make any changes/enhancements please post and PM me so I can include it in the package.

HomeControl_1.8.zip

Script Info...

########################################################################################################
## Version: 1.8.0
##
## Release Date: 2006-31-01
##
## Current Functionality:
## Obtains list of Events and Devices in HomeSeer.
## Allows viewing status and turning Devices on/off and triggering Events
## Direct dimming of dimable devices
##
## Requirements:
## Homeseer software
## XBMC-CurrentStatus.txt script setup within Homeseer as manual event called 'XBMC-CurrentStatus'
##
## To-Do:
## Allow more filtering of which Devices displayed
##
## Changelog:
## 2006-03-29: added = Pop-up window for direct dimming of devices
## 2006-01-31: added = Moved configuration into HomeControl.xml
## added = Excludes for Device Location and Device Type
## added = Display actual Dim Level image for each device
## added = Splash screen
## 2006-01-27: bug fix = Crash when no Events
## bug fix = Navigation problem when no Events
## added = better logging, basic default logs
## bug fix = worked out timing and order issues with status refreshes, I hope
## 2006-01-21: bug fix = Devices not being triggered properly.
##
##
## Installation and Usage:
## Read the readme.txt included with this script
## IMPORTANT:
## Change HS_Server, under USER DEFINITIONS below, to your server's hostname or IP address
## - note: if your port is not the standard port 80, include the port number as in example
##
## Author:
## LivinOne <at> gmail .com
##
##
## Thank You's: BigBellyBilly, Nuka, Asteron for Python help & expertise - Buzzster for collaboration
########################################################################################################

Instructions...

Steps:
1) Create Events in Homeseer independant scenes
2) Create Events in Homeseer for scene pairs
3) Create Devices in Homeseer for scene pairs
4) Create Devices to track scene status
5) Create a Homeseer event called "XBMC-Currentstatus" that triggers script "XBMC-Currentstatus.txt", set to 'Manual'
6) Edit HomeControl.xml to customize for your environment
- enter your preferences for: Excludes, EventDevice, EventDevice, Server hostname/IP address and Port.
7) Copy HomeControl folder as-is into the XBMC\Scripts folder
8) Copy XBMC-Currentstatus.txt file into your Homeseer script folder
9) edit

Below is instruction on creating a 'Scene' scheme for your Home using Events in HomeSeer. I will use my setup as an example...

1) Create Events in Homeseer independant scenes -
Create, in a group called "Scene", one Event for each scene you want to control using your XBMC GUI. These are the items what the HomeControl.py will be displaying:

Watch Movie
Watch TV
Bedtime
Sleep
Wake
All Lights On
Home
Away
Billiards Room
Pool

2) Create Events in Homeseer for scene pairs -

For Events that are specific to a room, section of the home, or you want to have discrete control over turning those devices on/off, I suggest the following:

Create, in a group called "Scene Processing", two Events for each scene that you want to 'reverse' exactly those settings. I want to control the Billiards Room and Pool without affecting anything else, so I created discrete on/off event for them.

Billiards Room - on
Billiards Room - off
Pool - on
Pool - off

3) Create Devices in Homeseer for scene pairs -

If you have scene pairs, you will need to have some way to control which ones get triggered and when. The easiest way is to create devices for them. So I have two more devices, in the 'location' called "Scene". These devices are monitored using the Sceen Processing events. You set the events to use Trigger, 'change on status' and set each to on/off accordingly. So, the events will automatically trigger when you turn the device on/off.

4) Create Devices to track scene status -

Here we are creating devices to track the status of the scenes. I placed these in the Homeseer 'location' called "House" but you can call it whatever you like, just be sure to change the script to reflect the proper location for your setup.

This can be customized to your own way of managing. I'll tell you how I did mine...

I beleive in logic grouping of scenes. Since many of my scenes can affect the entire home I created a device called "Lighting Status" to hold text of the name of the last scene triggered for events that affect the entire home's lighting. The name of that scene gets put into the device using the Device setting under Device Actions tab. When you add a device to the 'Selected Devices' section, you can then double-click the device in that section and add text to the box labeled "Display - Set status text to:". This will now allow you to track the scenes.

As stated in #2 above, I have separate devices for Billiards Room, Pool, and a few other things so they do not change the device Ligthing Status. I do this so I can track them separately.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Hello,
Is there a way/ script to have homeseer control xbmc?
kleijnbk Wrote:Hello,
Is there a way/ script to have homeseer control xbmc?

Why would you want this - it would be tedious.

Use EvertGhost to control XBMC... IF you must.

What is your goal?
Thank you for your quick response.

I'm using homeseer to control my light devices. Plus I'm using HStouch to control Homeseer. If it would be possible to have homeseer control XBMC, it would be possible to control my music, which is running through XBMC, through the HStouch interface.

Any suggestions?
Sure you can do it... there are several web apps posted and a lot of documentation on XBMC itself... plus the code is open source.

It is all there if you want to do it.

enjoy.
Old thread...download fails...do you still have this somewhere? I'd love to be able to control my HS from Kodi... Smile

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Do you already use spuds homeseer add On?
(2016-11-07, 01:35)DoubleT Wrote: Do you already use spuds homeseer add On?

Doesn't that do the reverse from what I want? I would like to browse my devices (and control) and events (and execute them) in kodi and not control kodi from Homeseer...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HomeControl - Homeseer Home Automation Control Script for XBMC0