thetvdb scrapper won't pickup some "specials"
I have small issue that thetvdb scrapper won't pick up some specials for some shows.

From online manual
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=TV_Shows

Quote:TV Show Specials
Special episodes are currently supported with TheTVDB.com scraper. In order for the XBMC scraper regular expressions to recognize them, they should be part of season 0. (Specials naming order can be observed in the Specials Season of the relevant TV show at TheTVDB.com).

Example
Black Adder's Christmas Carol should have a file name that matches season 0 episode 2 (e.g. contain s00e02).

Here is one example of problematic "special"

if you look at thetvdb, you can see that Redemption is number 9 at Specials

How come the scrapper won't pick it up
this is only one example, there are other specials that don't get pick up
I have the same prob, only with 24 redemption. I'm sure the guys at the tvdb will fix soon.
also Top Gear and Stargate SG-1 some specials get picked up, but in wrong order and or wrong titles.
does this convention, 24 - SxxEyy - foo work for other eps?
What are the top gear and SG-1 filenames?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have managed to scrape Redemption correctly. I'll look at my naming structure and report back.
I've successfully added Redemption to my DB some time ago. I'm sure earlier its episode number wasn't 9. Right now I cant look it up, since I'm not at home, sorry. Could you try s00e00?
Strange, I have it as 24.s00e00.Redemption.mkv
Then it must have been s0e0 at the TVDB.com at some point (when you scraped).
That's one of the up or downsides of a publicly alterable site (depending how you look at it).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
redemption works just fine. blackadder works just fine. everything top gear works fine. everything sg-1 works fine.

thanks for wasting my time. next time, maybe you could toss in a log etc like you are effing asked when requesting help
Hi spiff, pretty grumpy today, eh? Wink

In any case, to the original poster I confirm: specials get picked up correctly. You might wanna try some different naming structures, maybe.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
thetvdb scrapper won't pickup some "specials"0