Emulators
So how are you guys getting your emus to work with Horizonz?

I have MAME, Project64 and snes9x to work with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Nobody is running emulators in Horizonz?
your issue is not Horizonz specific... there is a LOT of information posted on the forum and online manual on how to launch external programs, and there are several ways to do it.

lookup how to create new menu item and launch applications.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:your issue is not Horizonz specific... there is a LOT of information posted on the forum and online manual on how to launch external programs, and there are several ways to do it.

lookup how to create new menu item and launch applications.

Well I tried the Launchy plugin/script but that is not working. I'll try to look around a little more . . .
So I've tried Launchy, EmuLauncher and Retro-X, all of which do not work at all. WTF? I guess emulator plugins aren't that much in demand. I searched the forums for an hour and could not find anything.

Guess if I can ever get some time, I'll just have to learn Python scripting and make my own plugin that actually works. Oh well . . . maybe one day, a plugin will come out that will work. Wink
This plugin works great on Xbox not sure about PC.

Launcher

and you just link it to horizons arcade button
plugin://programs/launcher/
Rocky5 Wrote:This plugin works great on Xbox not sure about PC.

Launcher

and you just link it to horizons arcade button
plugin://programs/launcher/

It doesn't work on the PC, I wish it would though. Confused
six_storm Wrote:It doesn't work on the PC, I wish it would though. Confused

Sounds like PEBKAC to me. The release thread title is "Launcher - an application launcher plugin for Linux, Windows, and Xbox (Mac wanted!)"
The biggest issue is that while Launcher does work, it does so very clumsily.
With MythTV, MythGame didn't even flinch at my tens of thousands of roms.
I simply set up file types and program params and it's done after a quick scan.

Compared to MythGame, Launcher is awful just in configuration alone... not to mention functionality after the fact.
I realize that xbmc is not meant to be the end all be all for everything, but I figured I'd throw in my 2 cents.
I'm very surprised that an app launcher is not a built-in function.

base functionality needed:
XBMC launches app
monitors for close
go back to XBMC

I agree it should be native, not a python plugin.

In the mean time... you may want to try EventGhost, it looks to have the capability to do the base functions I mention above... I've not tried it myself.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Thanks for the responses guys.

I think that a simple, program launcher should be a built-in feature and not a script or plugin. But hey, I'm not a dev by any means and don't intend to be one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Emulators2