Streaming dies when cache runs dry
I have my Xbox hooked up through a wireless bridge right now since it's far away enough from my router that I don't feel like running cabling. Anyways, there's apparently enough interference around to drop out the network for a few seconds here or there (working on fixing that).

With this, however, I noticed that streams (particularly mms://xxx.wsx streams) stop by themselves if the cache runs out and it can't buffer more. This is pretty annoying since you can't fast forward these streams either. Right now I'm basically just opening the mms://xxx.wpx link and that starts the stream.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I've searched around a bit without much luck. Also, is there any way to increase the cache size from 4096 to 8192? I tried editing mplayer/config to add cache=8192 but the size still shows up at 4096.

Help would be very much appreciated as I start writing plugins.
Yeah it`s really rather annoying.

The only way to deal with connection dropout would be to catch the disconnect then retry and seek to the last position.

This is rather difficult to do though as seekable & stridable headers need to be sent along with range requests.

Look at the code for veoh proxy.

Try Xbmc settings --> system ---> cache

Then change the internet cache to your desired size.
Thanks for the tip on changing cache sizes. I'll try and get knee deep into the Veoh Proxy code. Just wondering what part of that really should I be thinking about using?

I really need to look up more about what the veoh proxy does and how it works (I just got XBMC up about a week ago so I'm new to this world...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming dies when cache runs dry0